Creating new Page really slow on production server

thomas

Hello,

I noticed that creating new pages and saving them is getting really really slow on my production server. One parent has 1500 pages and when I add another one, it can take up to a minute for it to be created. For a different parent with only 300 pages it's fast as usual.

I am using a frontend where users can register and create new pages so making them wait for over a minute isn't quite ideal. It can't be my codes fault though because it takes just as long in the admin ...

Thanks for any hints,

thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Thomas, there isn't any reason why it should take that long. Number of children/siblings makes no difference to how long it takes to add a page. As a result, I would look at what else is happening on your front end or in any modules that may be taking part here. Because the time seems to increase with quantity of pages, most likely you've got something loading all those sibling pages and pulling something from them. In particular, look for any $parent->children() or $page->siblings() calls that lack "limit=n" selectors in them. Feel free to post the code you are using and we can take a look at it. 

• 2 weeks later...