PW-meetup at Tampere, Finland

apeisa

Hi guys

We are thinking about organizing a little PW-meetup for all the Finnish PW-developers (of course, people from other countries are also welcome). Logical location could be Tampere, since we have people there, and I know many from these forums who are also there.

Avoine can provide meeting place and something to eat/drink. I am thinking about having the meetup at workday (maybe Friday), but if that makes it harder for people to join, we can think of weekend or evening also.

What I have in mind is half day long (maybe from 12:00 - 16:00), very free form meeting, where people can just discuss about pw, projects they have done, talk about modules etc. Also few more "official" presentations are welcome.

I don't have actual date yet - but I think meeting would be in end of March. If you are interested, please let me know by personal message here on these forums or by emailing: antti@avoine.fi

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

If you talk english (and not finnish all the time there) I'd love to join it (never been to Finnland) if I can catch a cheap flight :)

Edit:

End of march is really close. If it would be in July or so it would be more comfortable :) 

• Like 1

Quick update on schedule - it seems difficult to find organizing this so fast (if we want some content and not just drinking beer). But this is definitely something I and our company wants to organize, so just more hands up. Realistic schedule would April or June, Tampere is still the best location.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

First PW-meetup in Finland will take place at Tampere, Friday 2.5.2014, 12:00. I'll give you exact address when it's confirmed, but it will be walking distance from Tampere railway station.

It will be free event for everyone. Avoine will offer some coffee and if we get really lucky, some cookies also. I think we will have something between 5-10 people coming, so it will not be that formal event. If you have anything you want to talk or show, please get in touch with me (antti@avoine.fi / 041-4383991). Anything goes - showcase something you have build, tell us about the great idea for module, propose plan that will help PW to spread in Finland etc.. 

After the 3 or 4 hours we can change location to pub and continue the world changing plans.

No registration required, but always to happy to hear if you are coming (here or email).

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Just pushing this up, since meetup is getting closer (next week!). I have reservation big enough for 12 people... to make sure we fit in, I hope you guys can confirm your coming by emailing to me: antti@avoine.fi or by phone 041-4383991.

• Like 2

If someone gets lost on way here, this is "second floor", which means one floor down from main entrance! You can ask about "Kokoustila Hildén" from reception or just call me if difficulties finding this place.