principlededu.com

Neeks

My first process-wire site for a client! Been working on it this week, will add a blog. It was my first 2.4 project. I'm loving 2.4. I put a font awesome icon on everything in the backend! makes me feel good to have icons for some reason. I am hoping I can just save this site as a "template" and use it for future projects as a base. 

+ this was my first zerb site.

http://www.principlededu.com/

I started this project as a wordpress project using Avada theme. a theme that got like 20,000 downloads or something crazy. It looked ultra flexible. But when it came time for client to edit, and they saw all the short-codes, they said forget it! 

post-1913-0-94047800-1393099334_thumb.jp 
(this is an example of an "easy page": the home page had more shortcodes then content)

So I decided to give PW a try. It made for a much cleaner solution. (screen shot of home page) the page got more complex, and the client is editing happily.  

post-1913-0-11564500-1393099353_thumb.jp

Anyway that is my success story, still working on the the project now, and open to any feedback and tips.

post-1913-0-94047800-1393099334_thumb.jp

post-1913-0-11564500-1393099353_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Well-done Neeks! That's a really beautiful site! I am glad you are enjoying PW!

Is the site complete? Currently all (?) links seem to be taking me to the contact page? - sorry, my bad

Btw, may I suggest that you rename the title of this thread? E.g. Principled EDU? :-)

Edited by kongondo

thanks, I noticed that right away and  was trying to figure out how to do that....

thanks, just changed it!

Another feature that I thought would be cool would be to minimize repeaters be default.  This might already be a feature but I could not find it.  Example: 

post-1913-0-37914300-1393100831_thumb.jp

• Like 1