Old Dominion Medical Center

cstevensjr

This website is a recent conversion from a Joomla version built over 2 years ago:  https://www.olddominionmc.com

post-756-0-40589800-1393085466_thumb.png
post-756-0-22534500-1393085492_thumb.png

My client, Old Dominion Medical Center (ODMC), simply loved the ProcessWire-based colors when I showed them the original "FoundWire" demonstration prototype.  This website is a modified version of the original FoundWire Demo Profile that is now using the straight CSS version of Foundation 5.  It's my personal preference until I can find the time to install Ruby and LESS/Sass tools on my new development desktop.

For this project, our primary objective has always been to have a simple customer-facing website that presents their patients with vital
information about the practice.

Our secondary objective is to continue to use the website as an information portal for their back office day-to-day operations.  Some of the first ProcessWire applications I built (over a year ago) were in direct support of ODMC. I continue to expand their Intranet to incorporate many administrative and support functions not covered by their EMR/EHR system.

post-756-0-01621500-1393085528_thumb.png

The following are the critical ProcessWire modules that make this website, especially the Intranet shine:

• Form Builder
  • Pro Cache
  • Modules Manager
  • Images Manager (which, to me, is the greatest of Soma's many useful modules)
  • Hanna Code
  • Page Edit Field Permission
  • Changelog
  • Custom Upload Names
  • Login History
  • Redirects
  • Template Editor
  • Import Pages From CSV
  • JQuery DataTables Plugin
  • AIOM+ (All In One Minify)

I have special thanks for Joss Sanglier (for his fantastic FoundWire Demo Profile) and Ryan Cramer (for his Foundation 4 Profile which got me very interested in Zurb Foundation).  There are many others out there to thank (mainly the developers of the above listed modules) that have made my transition to ProcessWire most enjoyable.  I'm still learning.

• Like 15

I continue to expand their Intranet to incorporate many administrative and support functions not covered by their EMR/EHR system.

Reading your post, I'm a little impressed what you are all doing out there with processwire.

How did you catch that project ?

• Like 1

Networking via LinkedIn, through a contact I hadn't heard from in years.  They contacted me and I originally helped them with some Windows PC support.  I then redesigned all of their forms.  Then I helped them get out of a couple of bad costly support contracts.  I next created a custom IVR solution for them which replaced a support contract that was costing them $800 a month.  New projects continue to this day.

• Like 2

Hi Charles,

the site is looking great. At first I like the colors, don't really know why! (just kidding)

The screen of the information portal is suuuuper. While one can only guess what is behind it, it is not much imagination required to come to the conclusion that certainly it makes fun to work with it.

Impressive work. ^-^

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this. It motivates me that I can move in a similar direction with the contacts I have.

Computer service what I do for many years is slowing down on me by the year because of increasing

tablets and smart phones.

• Like 1

Technology evolves and you just have to evolve when things change.  The basics I learned in the 80's are still applicable today.  Each new technology builds on, circumvents or basically changes what was hot yesterday.  If you are serious about learning you will keep up and prosper.  Don't look at new ways of doing things as a challenge, look at it as an opportunity.  Don't be scared or hostile to reinventing yourself. Good Luck in your endeavours.

• Like 5

Hey, Mr Stevens, glad to see Foundwire helped someone.

Rather than go to the trouble of installing Ruby and the rest, either go grab Scout or PrePros

Scout is free and PrePros has a free and paid version.

PrePros has the advantage that it will handle less and sass as well as minify JS, HTML and the rest.

Nice clean site, btw :)

• Like 2

@cstevensjr - I grew up in McLean, VA and think I used to go to that doctor, or at least one in the same building or next door to it. It's been while, but I thought the address sounded familiar so viewed it on Google Streetview and sure enough I recognize the location. :) I navigated around on Streetview and see my old Starbucks, Total Beverage, McLean Racquet Club, and Giant grocery store are all still there. :) (I haven't been there for 10-15 years)

• Like 2