Page 1322 is not valid for some_page_name

jsantari

I ran across this same issue with a field on a site after upgrading to 2.4.

Whilst I have no idea how to reproduce the issue, it goes away when you do the following:

1. On the Input tab for the field, remove all settings you might have put in under the Selectable Pages section
  2. Change the Parent of Selectable Pages page to be the homepage, then save it
  3. Change the settings back to how you had them before
  4. It works again

Sadly, without being able to reproduce it this is only a little bit helpful. When I created another identical field from scratch it didn't have the issue, but fiddling with the field in question as per the steps above resolved it.

Weird huh?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem here. My ProcessWire is in version 2.4.0 and I'm running it at the moment in a XAMPP v. 3.2.1 environment.

I think I could localize the error a little bit...

I use a custom PHP script to get the pages I need: 

return $pages->find("template=basic-page|mitglieder");

If I now select also Home or any other Page up in the "Parent of selectable page(s)" section. It works only, if there is the "correct" page selected. Say my menutree looks like this:

Home
|
Site1
|----SubSite1
|  |-SubSite2
|  | |-----SubSubSite1
|  | |-----SubSubSite2
|  | |-----SubSubSite3
|  |-SubSite3
|
Site2
|
Site3

With my php-script I can see following Sites;

• Site1
  • SubSite1
  • SubSubSite1
  • SubSubSite2
  • SubSubSite3

Now the setting "Parent of selectable page(s)" is set to "SubSite2" and the php script still there. Then I can choose only the "SubSubSites" when I try to choose SubSite1 the Error "Page 1322 is not valid for some_page_name" occurs. If I want to choose SubSite1 I have to change the "Parent of selectable page(s)".

I hope it is understandable what I mean  :lol: , otherwise tell me. I also hope someone could reproduce this error and fix that bug.

Thanks Community & Ryan for that great system!

Phippu