Introducing ProcessWire 2.4

ryan

SInce upgrading to PW 2.4 I'm getting more frequent 'aborted forged requests' when it takes too long to publish or save a page. Any chance to give a page a bit more time before it appears 'forged'?

This has not been my experience. Maybe provide a few more information? Upgrade from which version, your server environment, etc? PW 2.4 is much faster than other versions - not only my experience, but others... :-)

It is indeed much faster, perhaps too fast :)

It happens both on a local MAMP installation on my MacBook and on a live installation on a server. Upgrade was from 2.3.1.

A typical situation is when I'm editing one page in admin interface, and also need to edit another one which is related to the first one, in a new browser tag. When the second one is done and saved or published, I finish the first one. Upon save the request appears to be forged.

In Upgrading from ProcessWire 2.2 or 2.3 where it says

In addition we recommend adding the following line to your /site/config.php:

$config->httpHosts = array('domain.com', 'www.domain.com'); 
Replace domain.com with the hostname(s) your site runs from.
Does that mean that for mynewsite.com if I am developing it locally at domain mynewsite.com.site I would have in config.php (and config-dev.php) I would have?
$config->httpHosts = array('mynewsite.com', 'www.mynewsite.com', 'mynewsite.com.site'); 

i.e. every domain that I expect the site to run from?

If the answer is "yes", cool, and out of interest what does this do, help with potential crossdomain errors?

Given the cool new stuff in config.php such as new image options, I would have been happy to have been told by the upgrade process to replace my config file with the new one (copying over my own items such as DB settings etc). I'm sure this was considered and on balance was seen as sufficiently unimportant to warrant adding a step to the upgrade but perhaps a note along the lines

"If you are keen to have the latest settings that offer additional control then optionally you may choose to replace your config.php file, taking care to not lose settings specific to your install such as database parameters.".

would be a useful compromise?

Edit: I just went ahead and did this myself and the only problem I ran into was the site reporting:

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /Users/alan/.../example.ca/live/wire/core/Page.php on line 398 

So I added in from the old config.php

/**
 * Timezone: current timezone using PHP timeline options
 * To change, see timezone list at: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
 */
$config->timezone = 'America/New_York'; 

and the error went away.

• 4 months later...