Introducing ProcessWire 2.4

ryan

Thanks and congratulations for your work, Ryan!

And another big thanks to the whole community and the most implied users who give us so many useful advice... It is really a fantastically efficient community and I guess they all deserve a part of the thank yous for this new version ;)

• Like 1

Ryan, thank you so much for your titanic efforts in pushing PW forward and making it a true top-notch CMS.

I'm afraid, my evening leisure time is now, how they say on Bloomberg, "officially compromised". Congratulations, everybody!

• Like 2

Great work Ryan! I've already been using the new stuff for a while now but reading this announcement reminds me of how much actually changed or has been added since 2.3 stable. And all for the good. Awesome.

• Like 3

Ryan,

Such great work! 2.4 feels like a massive leap forward. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Many thanks to everyone who as contributed ideas, testing, code, sponsorship of development, etc.., etc...

It's a joy to work in ProcessWire every day.

• Like 6

I just installed it, and WOW! As an Expression Engine developer this latest visual upgrade make me feel even more at home in processes wire.  I love the look of the new fields. I'm in heaven! getting much more user friendly. The new module manager is awesome! Big "thank you" to the theme development team.Joyful is how I feel setting up my first site in 2.4. Thanks. 

• Like 7

Had a quick play with 2.4 at work today and I liked it, love the new installation screens/options for saving time setting up config, etc. I tried it out when I got home as well and it broke, think my MAMP needs updating.

Incidentally, I'd love to be able to contribute more but I'm sure there's many on here who are much better at coding than me. I am however quite good with images/graphics and the like, so if I can help with that side at all just let me know.

• Like 1

I have a suggestion for the admin when viewed on mobile devices. While it scales nicely, the drop down menus do not pause long enough to allow for a selection from the drop down menu but rather go to the first level of the menu. For instance if I user my tablet to select the drop down for Setup... I end up getting no time to make a selection. The drop down appears but the Setup page loads before I can select any items. I've seen it done before where on mobile or waits for input and you would then re-select setup if you truly wanted to go to the root.

Just a thought

Mike

• Like 1

Mike, which tablet are you using again? I'm thinking it's an Android tablet, but don't recall. I've only tested on my iPhone and iPad, so probably need to expand the touch device testing into Android a bit more. We're using a separate mobile menu that's geared towards touch interfaces, but I'm guessing it's not appearing, and you are getting the desktop menu from the sounds of it. 

Its an LG GPad running android 4.2.

Mike, which tablet are you using again? I'm thinking it's an Android tablet, but don't recall. I've only tested on my iPhone and iPad, so probably need to expand the touch device testing into Android a bit more. We're using a separate mobile menu that's geared towards touch interfaces, but I'm guessing it's not appearing, and you are getting the desktop menu from the sounds of it. Hey H

Same menu issue here on Android 4.3. And testing on iOS, I see the mobile version of the menu, but it only really works at the top level. Once you tap Setup, you still don't get the option for the other menu levels, it goes straight to the setup page, but maybe that is intentional.