Location & skilled Employee marketing microsite for "Nienburg Mittelweser"

felix

Nienburg Mittelweser is a Region in Lower Saxony/Germany. Our Job was to create an official campaign that engages young familys and skilled workers to settle down in Nienburg. The campaign tries to communicate the benefits of deceleration and living in an rural region in a sympathetic way.

Apart from developing the whole Logo/CD/Imagery/Text our job was to create a Microsite that gives interested people a brief overview of the benefits of living in this region. The microsite is (of course/as usual) powered by processwire.

http://einfach-lebenswert.net/

For those who don't speak german ( :) ) here are the 3 keyvisuals headlines translated in english:

--> GROSSBAUSTELLE = Large construction site
[in Nienburg-Mittelweser]

--> KONSUMTERROR = pressures of a materialistic society
[in Nienburg-Mittelweser]

--> RUSH HOUR = Rush Hour
  • Like 12

Felix, this is a very beautiful site! One of the best I've seen showcased here!

Two issues:

- Jumping to sections is a bit too fast for me.

- There's an issue with the way menus hovering over each other (can't describe it well) but will edit this post and try again :-)

- OK, let me try again: The menus at the top allow the visitor to quickly jump through sections. Once one has jumped to a section, that section's menu is displayed at the bottom of the screen. One would expect that clicking on them the page would scroll down to view the content. That doesn't happen..one has to scroll manually. E.g., If I click on "in balance", I am taken to the right section. However, (and this comes naturally), when I click on Sport und Freizit, I would expect the page to scroll :-)...

Hope I make sense. But very nice site, cheers!

Edit:

Third issue:

- In Firefox, one sees the ugly dotted outlines around the section menu links.Maybe needs a -moz-focus-inner border:0, unless this is intentional, of course :-)

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1

Hi Felix - nice looking site. Just a quick comment though - those images are nearly 500KB, so when I first started scrolling down, the images weren't showing. A quick look in Photoshop suggests that they could easily be half the size without any loss of quality.

• Like 1

KONSUMTERROR = pressures of a materialistic society

hihi, this is a funny translation, isn't it?

the site is great, congratulations. i love sites with big visuals. though i also experience loading times when scrolling (10 mbit dsl). and a map could have been an advantage, not everybody knows where to find nienburg-weser-region ... ;-)

• Like 1

Felix, this is a very beautiful site! One of the best I've seen showcased here!

Two issues:

- Jumping to sections is a bit too fast for me.

- There's an issue with the way menus hovering over each other (can't describe it well) but will edit this post and try again :-)

- OK, let me try again: The menus at the top allow the visitor to quickly jump through sections. Once one has jumped to a section, that section's menu is displayed at the bottom of the screen. One would expect that clicking on them the page would scroll down to view the content. That doesn't happen..one has to scroll manually. E.g., If I click on "in balance", I am taken to the right section. However, (and this comes naturally), when I click on Sport und Freizit, I would expect the page to scroll :-)...

Hope I make sense. But very nice site, cheers!

Edit:

Third issue:

- In Firefox, one sees the ugly dotted outlines around the section menu links.Maybe needs a -moz-focus-inner border:0, unless this is intentional, of course :-)

Thanks a lot!

Concerning the Issues:

- Scrolling: I will discuss this with my coworkers. But I think that's a pretty good idea.

- We usually don't remove outlines for the sake of keeping keyboard navigation functional. As there already is hiliting in the navigation this propably isn't necessary but I don't think it's that "ugly".

Hi Felix - nice looking site. Just a quick comment though - those images are nearly 500KB, so when I first started scrolling down, the images weren't showing. A fix look in Photoshop suggests that they could easily be half the size without any loss of quality.

Thanks for the hint. I fixed the images (just forgot to do that before going live). They should be A LOT smaller now :)

• Like 1

hihi, this is a funny translation, isn't it?

the site is great, congratulations. i love sites with big visuals. though i also experience loading times when scrolling (10 mbit dsl). and a map could have been an advantage, not everybody knows where to find nienburg-weser-region ... ;-)

Indeed ;) - I didn't know how to translate "Konsumterror" (Consume Terror? Wtf?) so i used an online tool and loved the output ;)

I'm with you: The map would be nice. But as there isn't much budget for seo/sea most of the people will visit this site intentionally and already know the region (i.e. from the offline campaign). Nevertheless: Maybe we'll add that in a future release.

I should have added, "ugly" is relative :P;) . You are right, I wouldn't lose sleep over the dotted lines O0

:D

Very beautiful and functions very well! Also superb implementation for mobile also (I was very surprised when viewed it with desktop after using mobile version).

What I see as a drawback is that site has too much content for single page website. Lot's of big sections, that are not linkable.

• Like 1

Thanks apeisa!

All the content is actually linkable. Every content has it's own "physical" deeplink which is loaded via ajax on click. So if javascript is inactive the link will open a normal content page. The second benefit (apart from the site beeing accessible without js and less overhead) is SEO: All contents can be indexed individually.

Take this link for example: http://einfach-lebenswert.net/naeher-dran-leben/erzeuger-und-maerkte/ - If you open it you'll be redirected to the homepage (this was a customer request :/) if you've got JS enabled. Otherwise you'll be seeing just a normal details page of the article.

• Like 1

Oh, WOW. In German: Alter Schwede, sehr sehr geil! :)

Back in english: whoa, really impressive. Especially the little paralax effect (I hate site with TOO much of parallax). Nice color scheme, nice typo, nice organic forms - impressive, impressive! And a brillant showcase website for processwire!

Good job!

• Like 1

Uhm... *cough*... by copying the link from the menu :D

That is way too advanced for most people, who are used to copy the address from address bar. I was wondering why not use history api to keep address bar on topic or at least update the hashtag (since the site seems to support both already)?