Kudos to PW's Template Caching / Purging of Paginated Section Pages

Dear Ryan,

After wrestling with a WordPress installation at work, I have come to even more deeply appreciate ProcessWire. Like I tell my children, "If I love (PW in this case) any more, I'll melt." So that's a quotable quote. :-)

"If I love ProcessWire any more, I'll melt."

Not only does ProcessWire purge the cache of the home page and the parents of an edited or added article, it also refreshes the cache on the paginated section pages. WordPress does not do that, with the W3TC plugin, or the WP Varnish plugin (according to our WordPress person.)

At http://significatojournal.com, I've set up paginated section pages of articles, and tonight I tested the template caching option:

"Clear cache for the saved page and parents (including homepage)"

After testing adding an article, the paginated section pages correctly moved the last article on the page to the next page, and shuffled the next pages as well. When I deleted the test article, the section pages all shuffled back. Zowie.

For this WordPress installation, we'll have to revise one of the plugins to do that.

Have I said I like ProcessWire? Kudos, Ryan, and all the Brilliant, Genius Contributors!

Peter

• Like 7

Greetings,

Hey Peter, I know what you mean! It's part of my routine to express -- out loud -- how much I love ProcessWire. I say it quietly to myself, I say it in forums, and I say it to clients.

You mention your kids in the same context as ProcessWire. Well, my five-year-old daughter knows about ProcesWire already, or at least the amazing community we have here. She regularly enters my office, sees me on the PW forum, and asks to see that "green monster" that shows up on the forum pretty regularly.

You came here from WordPress. Many of us have come here from various other systems. I suffered with Joomla for a couple of years prior to ProcessWire. But we're all glad to have arrived here now.

Thanks for posting,

Matthew

• Like 7

Dear Matthew and PWired,

Thank you! I appreciate that.

I've learned SO much about ProcessWire from these forums. This is a great community.

Matthew: I didn't come from WordPress. The company I work for has WordPress installs, but I'm not the WordPress guy.

I came from MODX Evo, and before that, I wrote my own CMS in Perl.

But ProcessWire ROCKS.

:-)

Peter

• Like 2

She regularly enters my office, sees me on the PW forum, and asks to see that "green monster" that shows up on the forum pretty regularly.

Haha :) Similar experience from here: my six year old son recently asked his mom "did you know that dad has a friend called Ryan, who lives in USA?" 

• Like 5

Well, my five-year-old daughter knows about ProcesWire already, or at least the amazing community we have here. She regularly enters my office, sees me on the PW forum, and asks to see that "green monster" that shows up on the forum pretty regularly.

Haha :) Similar experience from here: my six year old son recently asked his mom "did you know that dad has a friend called Ryan, who lives in USA?"

Hello, I want to tell the other children something: The "Green Monster" is really just a young man!

I am 8 years old and also know ProcessWire. :)

My father writes a lot on ProcessWire. :)

• Like 6

I have to agree with Peter here, ProcessWire just seems to fit better in my workflow than any other CMS tp date. (and I've tried a few).

As for kids, you guys have a head start..
When my 9 year old asked what I do, instead of: "Daddy builds websites.. " it should will be: "Daddy works with ProcessWire..." ;)

• Like 1