ProcessImageMinimize - Image compression service (commercial)

Philipp

Hi bytesource,

thank you for your question. 

I have to admit I don't quite understand the limitation of this one PHP call you mention. Does it in any way affect the performance or effectiveness of either of the two modules? 

As you can find in ProcessImageMinimize's documentation, the module is using a workflow internally to asynchronously pass and fetch the images to and from our servers.

With ProCache enabled, your site is basically cached as static files on your server, so no PHP scripts will be executed - which leads to ProcessImageMinimize not being executed.

To cut a long story short, we are currently recommending you to turn off ProCache for one site so that ProcessImageMinimize is able to work.

We are currently working on a solution for this, so stay tuned.

• Like 2

We have updated ProcessImageMinimize to version 1.0.2

This version includes some fixes regarding the interaction between the module and minimize.pw's API. Please make sure to update all your sites in order to prevent problems.

Additionally, if you have found any bug, please open a ticket

Thank you in advance for your help!

• Like 1

Keep getting this errror:

Unable to install module 'ProcessImageMinimize': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'USING BTREE' at line 2

Keep getting this errror:

Unable to install module 'ProcessImageMinimize': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'USING BTREE' at line 2

Can you tell me, what version of ProcessImageMinimize you are using? It looks like the database table is either created incorrectly or there is a problem with your MySQL server.

It would be very kind if you could check your database for the process_image_minimize table and remove it if present, and download the current version of ProcessImageMinimize and try to install it again. 

Can you give me feedback on this issue on our bug tracker on GitHub? I've opened a issue for this.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

i just updated a PW installation on my dev-server to Processwire 3 and now my images won't display anymore. If i remove the `mz()->` part from my template the images are back again.

At first i thought it had something to do with the lack of credits for this account, but when i created a new account with the free tier, i can't even save the licence key. Neither the new nor the old one.

So i have two questions:

1. Is Processwire 3 supported by this service/module?

2. Are there any plans to keep this service alive in the future?

Thanks!

• 11 months later...
11 hours ago, palacios000 said:

I had to un-install the module "ProcessImageMinimize" as it blocked the page rendering of entire site, pages took ages to load. Spent few hours to figure out the problem and to endless wait for each page to load ...

The service seems to be dead. Their site isn't loading. I actually removed the module from the modules directory last week when I noticed this.

• Like 2