Image selector field

pogidude

I have a template with an image field. Some of the uploaded images in the page are used in the page body (via tmce editor). I'd like to have the option to show these images as a gallery after the page body content (I actually use started off from the blog profile). But, ONLY SOME of the images. Not all.

I was thinking there could be a field that would list all the uploaded images on the current page, then, using asmselect or something similar, I could select images (or files) that I'd like to show up in the gallery/slideshow. ordering would be nice but not needed.

but I can't seem to find what I need in the modules section. maybe someone already built one?

If I understand what you are looking for, the simplest way I can think of to achieve this would be to turn on the tags field for the images field and then enter "gallery" in the tags for the images that you want displayed in the slideshow. You could order by adjusting the order of the images in the field the normal way, or if you want a different order, you could have a second tag with the order number. Of course whether this is a good solution or not might depend on whether you are setting this up once, or your clients will be doing this regularly. So maybe not a great solution :)

Personally I think it might be easier to have two separate image fields, one for the slideshow images, and one for any other images that need to be inserted in the body RTE.

• Like 2

Hmmmmm.. the 2nd option is a good idea. although I know that the client (yes it's the client who'll be doing this regularly) will sometimes use an image both in the body and gallery. Will try it out when I get back home but if all images in all image fields come up in the editor then it should be all good.

thanks adrian!