Release: Moderna Admin Template

nikola

Am I going mad, or is there no download link? I presume we must have lost attachments with the change to the new forum software...

You're not going mad - there was a final step I forgot to complete last night. I realised what it was at midnight, but it was a bit late by then. Welcome to the forums by the way :)

The attachments are there, under Nikola's first post in this thread.

/Jasper

They should all be visible and working now - fixed them about an hour ago.

• 4 months later...

I love this theme. So far it's my favourite of the admin themes, with my slight variation in making it pink. :lol:

I have one concern. I installed this admin theme early on in my experience with ProcessWire so I'm not 100% sure of what the default functionality is in some areas. I recently saw a video that Ryan had posted about adjusting column width. It appears that once you shrink columns they are supposed to float beside each other on the same line if they fit. This is what was apparent in the default admin theme in the video anyhow. In the theme I'm using, my pink version of your moderna admin theme, the shrunken checkbox columns clear to the next line. Is this supposed to happen? I noticed there are two options for checkboxes (single and multi) and I'm using several single ones.

Then again, I modified the theme, but I only messed with colours.

Anyway, here's a screenshot.

Edit: Never mind about the issue reverting back to the previous theme (if you get instant updates). I probably deleted the required theme accidentally...

post-466-0-90177500-1338050919_thumb.png

This template was made before the column feature was introduced. So look in the code, the columns have a special class (guess something with "column", I am not at my computer now). Just apply a "float:left;" to that class in the admin's CSS.

edit: I think it is the class "InputfieldColumnWidth". Look for that in the ui.css or add this:

.Inputfields > li.InputfieldColumnWidth {

float: left;

clear: none;

margin-top: 0;

margin-left: 1%;

}

.Inputfields li.InputfieldColumnWidthFirst {

clear: both;

margin-left: 0;

}

Edited by MadeMyDay
  • Like 4

This template was made before the column feature was introduced. So look in the code, the columns have a special class (guess something with "column", I am not at my computer now). Just apply a "float:left;" to that class in the admin's CSS.

edit: I think it is the class "InputfieldColumnWidth". Look for that in the ui.css or add this:

.Inputfields > li.InputfieldColumnWidth {

}

.Inputfields li.InputfieldColumnWidthFirst {

}

Amazing. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

FANTASTIC theme!

Really love the color scheme, it's very soothing Mr. Nikola.

:)

I made a few minor changes to 'main.css'.

#latest {
text-transform: capitalize;
}
#latest-updates ul {
width: 240px;
}
#latest-updates ul li {
margin: 0 0 0 20px;
}
#latest-updates ul li a {
display: block;
}
#latest-updates ul li a:hover {
border-right: 5px solid #0fa8da;
padding-right: 5px;
}

I just like having the Latest Update post links as blocks. It makes for easier clicking ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great template Nikola, just what I was after.  I've found a small error in the css which was flagged up earlier by MadyMyDay.  The column width feature of PW wasn't working which left me scratching my head.   I've traced it back to the following missing styles in your ui.css file.  

.InputfieldForm .Inputfields > .InputfieldColumnWidth {
	}
.InputfieldForm .Inputfields .InputfieldColumnWidthFirst, .InputfieldForm .Inputfields .InputfieldColumnWidth + .InputfieldSubmit {
	}

I added them in and everything works as expected now.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this awesome theme Nikola. Love it :)

Just one small thing though. If install the Page Edit Fold Status module http://mods.pw/4Q the top save button doesn't *save* edits any more. I initially thought it was the module that was the issue but when I switched to the default admin theme, the top save button works correctly now.

Other than that, loving the theme.

• 1 month later...

Just discovered a weird bug - If you have more than one page of admin users and you are viewing any page but the first, the latest updates section in the sidebar also shows results from page x of its results. Not sure if this is a general PW bug or something specific to this theme. How does PW generally handle pagination when there are two things on a page that both allow pagination?

I haven't come across this scenario before.

Anyone?

Perfect solution. For those who find this and want to deal with it. In site/templates-admin/default.php, modify this line to read:

$last_modified = $pages->find('limit=10, sort=-modified, start=0');

• Like 1

This theme is rather old and I'm not planning to update it any further, but stay tuned, surprise is coming really soon :)

For those of you using the theme, you can download latest version of jQuery Cookie from here.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...