Apache Recursion Problem

owzim

Hi,

I've just set up my AMP stack on my own rather than using MAMP and such, this is not as easy as I thought. Some obstacles I've overcome already but now this is biting me when trying to access a PW installation:

Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error.

I've researched a bit but did not come to any conclusion other that it has to do something with rewrites.

httpd.conf

<Directory "/my-web-root/">
    Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

httpd-vhosts.conf example

I am actually using dnsmasq to map my domains to directories like so:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    VirtualDocumentRoot "/my-web-root/%1"
    ServerAlias *.dev
    UseCanonicalName Off
</VirtualHost>

But using this standard approach has the same issues:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    VirtualDocumentRoot "/my-web-root/some-client"
    ServerName some-client.dev
    ServerAlias *.dev
    UseCanonicalName Off
</VirtualHost>

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 9 months later...

I experienced a similar issue in my Apache log file that said: "[error] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://www.example.com/" (ProcessWire 2.5).

Fixed by setting "RewriteBase /" in .htaccess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By prestoav
      Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help here.
      I've just moved a new site from my development server account over (where the site was working fine for the client to edit content pre-launch) to the client's final hosting account and the live site is all fine. However, while most edits can be done without an issue, image uploads in admin cannot. I know this has been an issue before but, having trawled the posts about it and suggested esolutions I still can't resolve it on their host.

PW Version: 3.0.123
      PHP version: 7.3.20
      max_execution_time 160
      max_upload_size 256M
      GD Library is enabled

Looking at the console data it looks like the AJAX request from the image upload is getting a 403 error which is suggesting a permissions issue? First we get this on console:

?id=1169&s=1&c=1:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 Then, the AJAX request:

https://*******/admin/page/edit/?&id=1169&InputfieldFileAjax=1 Gets a 403 according to Chrome Dev Tools > Network XHR. Also, the response is empty.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the directory that deals with this and what the permission should be to allow it or indeed any other fix / area to investigate?

Thanks so much for your help.

• By modifiedcontent
      Has anyone successfully installed Processwire on an Amazon EC2 instance/virtual server?
      Which configuration works; Amazon Linux or one of the other flavors?
      How do you get file permissions and the database working?
      Which lines in .htaccess cause problems on Amazon AWS? 
      What are the pitfalls to watch out for?
      Why can't I get it working...?
      The first problem I run into is an error message that the installer doesn't have write access and that I should manually rename the 'site-myprofile' folder to 'site'. Attempt to chmod all the files and folders to 777 don't seem to have any effect on that and some files do get written fine.
      But I keep ending up with inaccessable pages and fatal server errors. I am not asking you to solve my problem. I am curious what other people's experiences are with this. Can it be done or am I wasting my time?

• By hellomoto
      I have web hosting with the following .htaccess en root, to point it to a subdirectory "audino.us", wherein I have PW installed:
      RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?something.com$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/something.com/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /audino.us/$1 RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?something.com$ RewriteRule ^(/)?$ something.com/index.php [L] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?something.com$ RewriteRule ^(/)?$ something.com [L] However when I go to audino.us/pw to access the admin, it becomes audino.us/audino.us/pw, and doesn't allow me to log in. How do I render the above to be recursive (?), i.e., to apply to all subordinate URLs? Is this to be done within the .htaccess in /audino.us, or in the root .htaccess above? Please help, I can't log in. Thanks much.
    • By sudodo
      777 seems excessive - is there something that I'm missing here?
      This is a print out of the /site content;
      ```
      total 28
      drwxrwxr-x 6 geot geot 4096 Sep  9 13:30 .
      drwxrwxr-x 8 geot geot 4096 Sep  9 13:17 ..
      drwxrwxr-x 2 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 assets
      -rwxrwxrwx 1 geot geot 1548 Sep  6 10:10 config.php
      drwxrwxr-x 3 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 install
      drwxrwxr-x 2 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 modules
      drwxrwxr-x 5 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 templates
      ```
      I'm sure that I shouldn't have to have permissions so high, but I'm pretty new
      to this.

Here's a shot of the setup that I'm currently going through;

http://imgur.com/a/WkhAX

You can see that the error (for site/config.php) is no longer there with these
      permissions, but they still 'feel' wrong.
      Thanks

• By totoff
      Hi Forum,
      we moved an installation from the live server to localhost for further development. Unfortunately now PW doesn't find files in the /templates/ directory anymore (e.g. css, js and so on). Functions testing for existing files abort with an error and the console throws 404 for the files in question.
      Two developers have checked (so far several times):
      site/config.php $config->httpHosts .htaccess file permissions on /templates/ and all subdirectories (set to 777 just to be on the safe side) our own php functions Our version is 3.0.22 devns.
      We are running out of ideas. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.