Unable to view template fields in new installation

wilsea

I've played with ProcessWire on localhost, and now I'm trying to get it running on a live server. It installed OK, I can log in, add pages and templates, and add new fields, but I can't view template fields, even for basic-page. All I get is an empty space between the Edit Template:basic-page and the Save button. See screnshot

edit_template.jpg

I checked the core....there are three files Template, TemplateFile and Templates. that all look OK. Other than that guess I haven't a clue what to look for. (I'm hoping that ProcessWire will help me develop some php skills).

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Checking further on the above problem....I can view and add fields in Admin>Setup,  but I can't edit the fields. I just a similar blank screen to the above screen shot with a heading Edit Field: somefieldname, and a drop down select box with the pages using the Field. Maybe that helps isolate the problem.

Anyone?  (I've been spoiled by the outstandlingly quick responses I've previously had on this forum, and really excited about getting  a live version of ProcessWire up and running).

Thanks Adrian,

While fiddling around with the config file I noticed that the templates did not match up with what I thought was a clean copy of ProcessWire. Looks like I ran the installation and ended up with a database that didn't match the templates I had.  I'm not sure why that would be a problem, I would expect that would just sit in templates directory ready to be imported, but I decided to play safe and make sure there was nothing else unexpected wrong by reinstalling.

Problem solved. Thanks for the help - now I know a bit more about turning on the debug from config file.

Looks like the problem was all my doing - oops.

• Like 1