Profile Export module (also upgrade PW 2.0 to 2.1)

ryan

I made use of prependTemplateFile in config.php for the last site I made, should config.php be included when using the export site profile?

Yes it should. Though you'll want to remove the DB connection and userAuthSalt information at the bottom of the config.php before bundling it in your profile. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, are the user permissions / roles and template permissions supposed to be exported / imported as part of the profiles?

Every time I use a profile I have exported everything works very well apart from any users & permissions etc. which import with no roles assigned to them. The roles are all imported fine, just the users roles are not mapped properly. The templates also seem to remove any access permissions.

I am using PW 2.3 stable.

Can anyone confirm this?

The site profile exporter was originally designed to serve as an upgrade tool from PW 2.0 to 2.1, which had some fairly major changes. I will have to update it for multi-language support here soon. But admittedly I don't use it very often myself just because it's easier to save the database to an SQL file and copy all the site files, than it is to use the profile exporter. The profile exporter is more useful for creating a reusable profile to share with others in the modules directory. This is one of the reasons why it doesn't include user accounts in the profile. When it comes to migrating a site from one server to another, it's better to just copy the files and database. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This is a php setting, so if you have access to your php.ini file you can adjust the max_execution_time there. If not, you could edit the profile export module's .module file and add this at the top:

ini_set('max_execution_time', 300);

That will give you 300 seconds, instead of the default 30.

Of course any updates to the module will override this, but hopefully it will get you through this current task.

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't any issues with that. The temporary approach is probably actually best anyway. It is usually best to keep that setting at its default in the php.ini file unless there is a reason to have it higher for scripts that are running regularly.

• 2 months later...

If anyone else also stumbles over this kind of error/phenomenon:

In PW 2.4, SiteExportModule works but fails (running into a 500 error) when there's no site/assets/files folder (I guess this happens rarely, but nevertheless... it happened to me this week :) ).

After manually creating this folder, exporting continues and runs smooth.

• 1 month later...

Multilanguage is a great (and widely used, I guess) feature, Profile Export is a great (and widely used, I guess) feature, too bad we can't use both together. When will multilang export be supported?

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to replace the generated install.sql whith a full database dump, so i get an installable profile whith users and permissions and anything else?

I am looking for a way to make a profile whith multilanguage and a languagefiles preinstalled.

Is it possible to replace the generated install.sql whith a full database dump, so i get an installable profile whith users and permissions and anything else?

I am looking for a way to make a profile whith multilanguage and a languagefiles preinstalled.

Try to wrap at least the creation of users and user roles into a module (that would be part of the profile).

• 6 months later...

I'm working with a 2.5.22 install and I've exported a profile from it. When I try to use that profile on a new 2.5.22 installation I can't see my "site-profile" directory in the Site Installation Profile dropdown. Not sure if this a bug or I'm just being thick.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using ProcessWire dev-2.5.24 and ProcessExportProfile 2.0.1.

I have problem with exporting profile. On page "Admin > Setup > Export Site Profile" when I click button "Start Export" I get error message: ProcessExportProfile: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'pages_id' in 'where clause'.

Hi,

I am using ProcessWire dev-2.5.24 and ProcessExportProfile 2.0.1.

I have problem with exporting profile. On page "Admin > Setup > Export Site Profile" when I click button "Start Export" I get error message: ProcessExportProfile: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'pages_id' in 'where clause'.

Any chance you have a custom database table that starts with "field_" but doesn't have a pages_id field/coumn?

• 4 months later...

Just carried out an export/import using this tool and the modules didn't seem to get exported. Is this a known issue, or are modules not part of the export?

Thanks!

EDIT: Hmm, the module files did seem to get exported and imported but I have a "no modules found" in the admin under Modules->Site.

EDIT 2: OK, please ignore, seems I need to hit the "Refresh" button in the admin modules section. Clearly been away from PW too long :P

• 5 months later...

That would be the reason then - I'll let Ryan know that the logic is going to need to be changed to handle these special DB tables.

i just got the same error, so the problem seems still persist. any solution? (PW Blog Profile from Ryan with some template mods and additonal modules, that i liked to export)

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'pages_id' in 'where clause' 

Thanks guys, I've committed a fix for that "column not found" issue and it should now be in the module. The issue was triggered primarily by the "field_comments_votes" field, when present, as it lacks a "pages_id" column and ProcessExportProfile wasn't taking that into account. Now it does. Please let me know if you see the issue occur anymore.