saml

Vote for ProcessWire to be packaged by BitNami

Just saw (via Gertrud Schrenk) that BitNami (Company that packages popular open source apps into easy to install images in various formats, including AWS cloud images) is having a contest for which apps to include next as a package, where you can vote for ProcessWire.

To quote the site:

Which application should we package next? You get to decide! Since the beginning of the year, we have been running a contest every month. The winning app gets added to the Bitnami Application Library, providing easy to use installers, virtual machines and cloud images.

Please, all go and vote for PW at: bitnami.com/contest !  :)

Cheers

• Like 5

I voted already for two rounds but no chance.

I voted already for two rounds but no chance.

Ah, I thought it was one single contest, defining the order in which they will implement these later ...

Doing multiple contests must indeed make folks give up on this :/

You have to admire their social networking strategy. I think there are a lot of folks like me that have never heard of them, and these contests make their brand known. We derive the same benefit... it helps us whether we "win" the contest or not, as seeing ProcessWire on the first page may help get it on the radar of other visitors that don't already know about it. 

• Like 4

You have to admire their social networking strategy. I think there are a lot of folks like me that have never heard of them, and these contests make their brand known. We derive the same benefit... it helps us whether we "win" the contest or not, as seeing ProcessWire on the first page may help get it on the radar of other visitors that don't already know about it. 

Indeed :)

And now, processwire is already at 6th place, and should be able to get to at least 3rd place with just a dozen more votes, so I think doing a little concerted sharing around this might well be worth it. (Better to do it all one time and win the contest, than spread it out and never win :) )

(Bitnami is quite well known among Amazon AWS cloud users, btw, being one of the most active AWS image producers)

I think there are a lot of folks like me that have never heard of them

BitNami comes bundled with XAMPP. You have to actively deselect it on installation if you don't want it. Would be good for awareness if PW could make it in ...

• Like 1

BitNami comes bundled with XAMPP. You have to actively deselect it on installation if you don't want it. Would be good for awareness if PW could make it in ...

And since XAMPP is used by developers often, not a bad place to be listed.

• Like 1

The PW "logo" on the contest page makes me realize how badly PW needs an actual logo.

• Like 1

If a logo will be created, we have to think about the aspect ratio.

Most logo's are scaled down depending on their width, portrait or 'square' logo's will do better in most cases.

Just throwing in something here, to spur the idea process[wire] ...  :)

post-2017-0-25534600-1389734204.png

• Like 3

@fmgujju: Thanks for the kind words :) It could use some refinement by a real graphic designer though ...

... and, just to get back to the topic for a moment (no pun intended, logo discussion is interesting :) ), PW is making quite some progress on the bitnami contest :) ... could use a few more votes and sharing though, to get past the no 1 and 2! :)

Just done another tweet to my handful of followers:

https://twitter.com/Joss_Sanglier/status/423744548498464769

Cool. Recommended to include the link as well! :)

I also realized yesterday that if linking to the processwire page (http://bitnami.com/product/processwire), the tweet is sometimes counted as a vote (which they indeed also say), while of course the main contest link (http://bitnami.com/contest) is not.

Made the mistake to only link the contest page, a few times.

• Like 1

this time we'll do!!!

or are there no more than 269 members of the famous PW community ;-)

this time we'll do!!!

or are there no more than 269 members of the famous PW community ;-)

Oh, there are plenty.

Finding them awake, sitting upright and facing front is another matter, however.

• Like 5

The force shall be with you!

Enough padawans there is not.

Ooh look!

We are only 13 votes off first position ....

• Like 1