Vote for ProcessWire to be packaged by BitNami

saml

equal! yippieh!!!

Now once ERPNext activates its community, we must stay strong !!!!

There we go! :)

But do you, or anyone else, know if they start from scratch every month? 

Would not be fun to scrap the hard work of the ERPNext guys gathering all those votes, if that happens ... Hope that anyone being #2 will at least make it next round. After all we're all in open source, and it'd be nicer to have friendly and mutually spurring and promoting relation with other projects, than die hard winner-takes-it-all competition ...

• Like 1

yes they do start from scratch. PW was quite up last time don't remember exactly. Then modX activated their community - and rushed away! so ERPNext will have a bigger chance next time.

If they manage to activate their community again!

This time its our turn!

yes they do start from scratch. PW was quite up last time don't remember exactly. Then modX activated their community - and rushed away! so ERPNext will have a bigger chance next time.

If they manage to activate their community again!

This time its our turn!

Thanks for the info, then I know! BAD decision by Bitnami, just to get more shares :( ... But anyway ...

• Like 1

btw dear Sam modX is pushing now ElaticSearch with their community ! So if you're the only "fair" person in the battle...

Of course I hope all the best for ProcessWire also in this contest, and it would be a shame to scrap all of our hard work too! :) ...

I just was a bit disappointed with Bitnami's decisions. They could have made it so that votes last since they are voted. I think then the ordering of packages would be more according to the actual size of the community, and they would then be worked off by Bitnami in a reasonable order ... promoting a good prioritization rather than bloodshed competition ... much like how StackOverflow got so incredibly successful.

As it is now, it just encourages the respective communities to turn themselves inward-out and do massive campaigns to try to break the patience of the others ... and if you fail, all your time is wasted - worth zero.

I think it will bite back at them in the end. But of course, for us others, we just have to live with it :|

• Like 1

I wonder how many people vote at least twice for their favorite app, once via their home connection and once via 3/4G with their smartphone...

These kind of polls are fundamentally flawed butt it is nice to see PW up there :)

• Like 1

I wonder how many people vote at least twice for their favorite app, once via their home connection and once via 3/4G with their smartphone...

These kind of polls are fundamentally flawed butt it is nice to see PW up there :)

I only have the one way of voting - don't use a smart phone.

@SiNNuT: agreed.

I believe that PW deserves to win this one, but votes like these are still mostly bullshit. Bitnami should at least require authentication via another platform or something similar in order to keep their "contest" (even remotely) fair.

Sure, malicious users will find their way past that limitation too, but at least it'd look like the people responsible for the contest actually give a shit..  :)

@teppo

Going by the number of votes involved (not exactly in the hundreds of thousands) I suspect it is pretty balanced - it will be mostly communities voting for their own project and they are probably all equally liable to cheat.

Its like voting for TV talent shows. They used to try and stop people doing multiple votes, but research showed that the same percentage of people multiple voted for all artists, so it wasn't worth the hassle trying to police the system.

So, proportionately, it is probably still about right and whoever wins wont be in the next competition anyway.

• Like 1

Been voting for Processwire on Bitnami since November so great to see some traction at last and processwire at the top.

My only reservation is that each month since I requested Processwire to be listed on Bitnami contest is that there seems to be some funny business at the end of the month.

I found that on the last day or so of the month that suddenly hundreds of votes come in from nowhere on one or 2 of the applications in the contest.

I am sure it is all legit though. ;)

Just get ready to bring in the  troops on the last couple of days. ^-^

• Like 3

Voting patterns are interesting. I mentioned television talent show voting earlier. An old colleague of mine more or less invented the system used for that in the UK and he has made a lot of studies of voting.

For most things, especially is stretched over a period, you get an initial run from pleased supporters, then it sort of levels out at a steady pace at which point the main contenders tend to get isolated.

And then, at the end, you get a panic - a sort of sprint for the finish line.

It happens with any sort of voting - though it is more pronounced if the voting is over an extended period and where the progression of the votes can be seen.

With television voting, they have discovered that they actually get more votes if they reduce the time allotted for voting - you can basically join the initial rush to the end panic and leave out the ticking over stage from the middle.

It would be interesting to see how the voting patterns worked in this case if the running total was not shown, but the votes on declared after the vote closes.

This is how political elections are run, of course, which is why parties try and get some sort of exit polls going so they can rally support during the voting period if needed.

Its like voting for TV talent shows. They used to try and stop people doing multiple votes, but research showed that the same percentage of people multiple voted for all artists, so it wasn't worth the hassle trying to police the system.

And here I was questioning their motives, thinking that the money each vote brings in would be too tempting.. good to hear that it's actually fair too ;)

@apeisa: I know.. "all publicity is good publicity" and so on. Just saying that there's a flip side to that coin too :)

And here I was questioning their motives, thinking that the money each vote brings in would be too tempting.. good to hear that it's actually fair too ;)

Oh, its about the money too! The research just showed that the idea that supporters of Artist A were all cheating, whereas the supporters of Artist B were all angels was a load of rubbish.

So might as well reap the financial benefits and stop worrying about it.

That was more or less the logic.

we've seen Sam concerned about being fair to other open source projects... and now I must read in twitter, written by modX ! : "Want to edge out @processwire and get our friends at @Elasticsearch into @bitnami? Vote now:"

I used to love modX. But I just can't believe that the team itself pushes against processWire.

I want to see it that way: they are afraid of PW because a lot of their users have turned to PW because... because ... :D

I'm happy to read at least one answer of a person who also dislikes such behaviour:

1. @modx Can we go back to being nice now? There is really no need to 'attack' @processwire or any other CMS out there.

2. @modx I just voted @processwire because of this AND because it's an awesome CMS too.

Plus: this man is a "Modx Ambassador" !!!

Just for the record; I, a MODX Ambassador, don't agree with this tweet at all. Already told the MODX core team not to do this again. I love both MODX and ProcessWire and hate tweets like these. These two CMSs should work together to improve both products and not start fighting each other...

• Like 10