Zurb Foundation 5 Profiles

Joss

@ Joss,

Thanks once again for being overly generous and providing another front-end framework profile.   You, Ryan, Soma and many others have aided greatly in my understanding of front-end profiles, PHP in general and overall good practices for web development.

• Like 2

@adrian

It looks like when the scss is changed, something is not updating properly. I didn't overwrite any of the css, just changed the primary bar colour in the related scss file, so this may be an error somewhere in the existing markup.

Looking more closely, there is this box shadow which is actually used in foundation to create the menu icon, but seems to adding an unwanted additional effect on the word "menu" which is wrapped in a span (I just copied this bit of code)

Removing the span from round Menu resolves the issue. I will update the download later.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Joss and gebeer, for the Zurb Foundation 5 site profiles.

I was testing Joss's site profile on a multi-site config in a folder site-mymultisite and the tinymce doesn't work. It worked fine if installed in the server's root site folder, like you mentioned in the first post. Did you tested for multi sites? Thanks!

Sorry, haven't got a multi site set up to test with.

On the field input tab where you are using TinyMCE, the spell check is referenced with a path (third party plugins) - does it work if you change that path?

Just tested now and moved the tinymce from the site-mymultisite to the site root's folder where I have the processwire installation  and its working!

On the field input tab where you are using TinyMCE, the spell check is referenced with a path (third party plugins) - does it work if you change that path?

yes Joss! this path to the spellchecker also points to the root's server path.

spellchecker : /site/tinymce/myplugins/spellchecker

Thanks for the quick response.

Edited by nfil

@nfil,

if Ryan's Foundation 4 profile is working for a multisite setup, mine should be, too. Because it is based on Ryan's. Only changes I made is adding Foundation 5 scss files and change the structure so that only a single css file is output.

• Like 1

@Joss, I have enjoyed myself today working with your Foundation 5 profile.  I have learned some new things and now I have been exposed to better ways of creating my websites.  Thanks.

The link to ProcessWire in the footer.inc file has a slight error.  "htp://www.processwire.com" should be "http://www.processwire.com".

• Like 2

Hi all,

today I finally managed to get everything working together properly.

Now here is my Foundation 5 dropin template: https://github.com/gebeer/pwfoundation5.

It uses Foundation 5 SCSS files. There's a quite extensive readme file with instructions.

Cheers

gerhard

gerhard, many thanks for this updated profile! 

I noticed two problems on your files. First, in the readme file, the link for the new Zurb gem (version 5) is: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html
If you just run `gem install zurb-foundation` , the gem v4 will be updated instead.

It's also good to mention the new upgrade instructions: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/upgrading.html

The other problem is in config.php. ProcessWire's 2.4 has change this file a lot. I kept this new version and changed the lines 50 and 58 to make your profile work:
/**
 * prependTemplateFile: PHP file in /site/templates/ that will be loaded before each page's template file
 * Uncomment and edit to enable.
 */
$config->prependTemplateFile = '_init.php';

/**
 * appendTemplateFile: PHP file in /site/templates/ that will be loaded after each page's template file
 * Uncomment and edit to enable.
 */
$config->appendTemplateFile = '_main.php';

Cheers!

@Sérgio,

thanks a lot for your help!

I was not aware of the update issue with Foundation and will add the link to the readme.

For production sites, I guess most people are still using PW2.3. But for those who want to use 2.4 I would like to add an alternative config.php to my repo.

Could you please open an issue on github and paste your complete working config.php for PW2.4 there? I will then include it as an alternative in the repo. That would be great.

Cheers

gerhard

EDIT: config.php is updated to 2.4 version

hahaha

Strangely, I have just been ordering some well rotted manure for my allotment - but I should probably find some sort of natural element to keep Seblod/Joomla weeds under control.

Perhaps some ProcessWeed Killer?

• Like 1

Ta!

The actual profile download is a little more up to date than the site - for instance, the menu bar is "out of the box" foundation so it really is starting as close to foundation standard as possible.

• Like 1