Thank you. I LOVE this

MarkusAllen

A few days ago, I was searching for a microblog replacement.

WordPress has failed me for years - bloated... slowed down my site to a crawl... and was hacked into several times.

I followed your excellent installation manual and bam - it's up and running.

Thank you SO much. I'm in love with ProcessWire.

The community is quite amazing. Your forum is buzzin' - nice!

I have one suggestion and one question:

The admin URL was confusing to me. Now I get it... I think it's the login URL. And unlike WordPress, finding the login is hidden (I'm guessing for better security). WordPress fails here as my site was regularly "dictionary" attacked.

I would HIGHLY recommend warning users about this - I've been looking for the login URL for about an hour now. I'd suggest telling people to bookmark the URL to login (I'd also recommend changing the admin URL to something other than default for better security).

Now for my question:

I've put together a VERY simple, yet advanced CSS file for a responsive and easy-on-the-eyes layout on my new website.

And I'd like to clone this within my ProcessWire blog.

Here's a screen grab of the look:

2wfk4cn.png

My confusion is about themes and layouts...

I've searched your entire forum for an answer - but it seems everything is tied to an administration layout.

Isn't the admin different than a layout for what my visitor sees?

Can you help point me in the right direction?

welcome be PWer!  

config admin URL:

as admin login backend : page tree -> admin -> edit -> setting -> name -> save

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

add a  template:

go to document directory  -> /site/templates/ 

add a new  template file   "demo.php" ( some content....)

go to  admin backend :  setup -> templates -> add new templates  ( the system will find "demo.php") ->  checked  -> add templates

then go back , in "setup->templates" you can see "demo.php" , click "demo.php" in templates list, then you can manage fields for this template.

how to use?

page -> edit -> setting -> template -> in the templates list you can see " demo "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

these modules are  helpful for you.

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/

trust me , PW is a good choice.

in the fact,pw not only as a cms, more like a framework, if you are a phper , you will love it even more ...

my english comprehension limit.  if this helpful?

When it comes to the layout on the front end, well the world is your oyster.

PW does not have any themes as such as with Drumlapress - instead it has a system where you can use any way you want of putting together how your site looks.

You can use a framework like Bootstrap or Foundation, or you can simply hand code some html. For fun, when I wrote my basic site tutorial (http://wiki.processwire.com/index.php/Basic_Website_Tutorial) I actually used a really old copy of Dreamweaver, just to prove the point that PW is completely agnostic.

Of course, this also means that if you want to use any fun JQery plugins, rather than have to create something that somehow works with a maddening API to make it even available to the site, let alone work, you just have to follow the normal instructions as if you were adding it to a static site, then bung in a bit of PW to produce the content.

So, unlike the others, your hands are not tied - PW will serve up the content, it is up to you how you want to treat it.

• Like 2