IE 10 and below backend fancybox bug

rizsti

Hi guys,

I've been running into a problem with Internet Explorer 10 and below in the backend.  Whenever I upload an image and then click on the image (when it usually pops up the image in a fancybox) it just darkens the screen but the image doesn't appear. 

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before and/or has a solution for it. 

The attached screenshot is of IE 8. 

Thanks for any help.

Riz

post-1855-0-07329500-1386000645_thumb.jp

There's a closed issue related to this at GitHub; magnific popup has replaced fancybox in dev branch. This issue has also been mentioned here before.

On a mobile so I can't link to related posts right now.. try Google search if forum search returns nothing useful :)

• Like 1

Teppo is correct. Fancybox has IE issues (though wasn't aware it affected IE8 too). You may want to switch to the dev branch if this issue is affecting you, though we are dropping support for IE8 in the new admin theme. In either case, you really shouldn't be using IE8, just for your own security and sanity. IE is now at version 11? Though I'd recommend going for Chrome instead if you can. 

Our whole company still using IE8, and they're on a company network. Thus Loads of machines just use IE7 as render engine.

But IE8 support brings ProcessWire a big foggy extra layer of HTML & Javascript. It's complicating page rendering. Next, we can't use native browser features for lot of functions without using bloated polyfills.

It's time to move on. 

We must not forget that the ProcessWire admin is a controlled environment. So we can set some rules. Requiring ie10 or the latest from the others is not a problem it's a bless in my opinion.

• Like 1