Coning a page not working

videokid

Hi,

it seems cloning a page is not working. Sometimes I get a message 'Invalid path'.

Tried with Opera and Chrome. 

After hitting the 'send' button the 'You will clone...' is loaded again.

Processwire 2.3.7 and Clone 1.0.1

I was using version 2.3.2 and I thought 'upgrading' could be the solution, but the problem remained.

Greetings.

Cloning seems to work for me. I did recently commit some fixes to cloning, which I think was in 2.3.7, so it sounds like you have the current version. Any other factors that accompany the pages you are trying to clone? For example, are you using any multi-language fields or language support? Are there any 3rd party modules? Do the pages have children or no children?

Thank you for your time and your answer. Sorry for the little delay in my answer... browsing this forum is time consuming :-)

Multi-language fields are indeed in order here. Title [global] and name are multilangual [three languages in total].

The pages don't have children.

I did notice the last time I tried to install the clone module the permissions didn't appear. I've added them manually.

Installed modules: CropImage, Pages2Pdf,MarkupSitemapXML and PageTreeAddNewChildsRevers.

Third party Teflon Theme.

I did have another 2.3.0 dev-site without 3rd party modules installed. I've upgraded that one to 2.3.2, then to 2.3.7, using the default admin module.

Installed clone module on 2.3.2, worked fine. Un-installed the module, upgraded to 2.3.7 en re-installed the clone module.

The same scenario as I did before.

Unfortunately the same result: "Unrecognized path". Sometimes I don't have that error, the default 'clone this page' is reloaded.

Kind regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I'll take a closer look again to see if I can reproduce. Did the 2nd installation also have multi-language features installed? Can you think of any other factors on the page's being cloned? (i.e. is it a clone of a page with children or no children, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...