Form Bulder validation messages position

gebeer

Hello all,

before I start working with Form Builder on my project, I would like to know if it is possible to determine where the validation error messages get displayed in the form.

My client requires to have validation errors put out underneath each individual field.

Is this possible with the Form Builder module?

Thank you

gerhard

Hi gerhard -

the default errors show above each individual field. there is probably an easy way to change it in the code to output below the individual field, though i think above the field looks/feels better - i think that's what Ryan opted to do it that way, it's sort of easier to notice.

One thing i did just notice is that there is nowhere to change the required notice text for each field... i'll have to put that in as a feature request, right now if you miss a field it outputs "missing required value" but it would be better to be able to customize each message,like "please enter your first name" above a name field etc..

Hi Marcura,

thank you for the info.

Good point about customised error messages. I would need that, too. I'll join you with the feature request.

Meanwhile I will have to code the forms by hand and use a jQuery validation script.

Cheers

gerhard

I have a custom css that positions the error below field with position absolute and some trickery.

Custom required message I'm not not sure really is needed instead of a generalized message that it requires a value but see it being useful for certain cases.

@Soma

Thank you for the suggestion. I would do the positioning by CSS only as a last resort.

If it was up to me, generic error messages would be just fine. But unfortunately here my client has the say. So I need to do without Form Builder this time.

Fortunately you posted great info on how to output forms in the frontend here in the forum. That should give me a good start.

Cheers

gerhard 

i think it would be good to have the stock error message as a default, but at least the option to override it in the field settings;

also - i think you could possibly still use the form builder as a processor even if you do your own form markup, as in if you want to be able to take any advantages of the form builder features besides it just creating the form markup

Hi Marcura,

thanks for your thoughts on this.

Custom error messages would sure be a great option to have in Form Builder.

To build my own form code in the template and then use FB for processing seems like a little overkill to me as in my case I only need to send the form by email.

As I saw in another thread, this should be fairly easy by using  mail().

• Like 1