Module Repository Last Updated?

Soma

This is mostly just for Ryan, but anyway.

Something I asked myself a couple times and I think others too.

The module repository on PW site shows a Last Updated date on a module page which seems to be always updated randomly or not sure how. Thing is it has nothing to do with the module being updated nor the module page itself. Could we have this date being only updated when there's a new version? 

For example my ModulesManager shows "November 21, 2013" and I haven't done anything to it. Confusing.

Further it looks like the date coming from the json feed is different than the one on the module repository page. For ModulesManager it shows me 2013/11/22 . I think it has to do with caching, but definately something that we should look into.

Thanks

• Like 1

That's a good observation. That must have started when I added the version checking code to GitHub. It now updates each module page with the date of the last time it checked the version. The problem here is that it's also updating the 'modified' timestamp of those pages, which is in turn appearing in the feed that ModulesManager uses. The good news is that an option was recently added to the core (on dev) that can prevent this:

$pages->save($page, array('quiet' => true)); 

That 'quiet' option tells it not to update the modified date or user, which will be perfect for this particular situation. I'll plan to get the modules directory updated with this option soon. 

• Like 2

I'm guessing he thought it was running under the same software as this forum (IP.Board) since it uses the same usernames and often the same avatars. But yes the modules dir is powered by ProcessWire and I can't imagine using anything else for it. :)