Adminbar

apeisa

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ryan, nice to hear that it is already in good use!

I pushed little fix to issue that Adam reported. AdminBar uses jQuery so it won't work nicely if there isn't jquery on templates (and many times there won't be). There is now option in module settings whether to load jQuery or not.

Tiny update again: tooltips, two new icons & smaller hide button, fixed modal position.

Works fine on: IE9, Chrome & Firefox. Haven't had possibility to test IE8 yet.

EDIT: You can see tooltips in action here: http://www.screencast.com/users/apeisa/folders/Jing/media/9a10b4bb-d49c-4097-939c-824e9c729afc (I recorded this to show one bug that Ryan already fixed).

• 2 weeks later...

Ragnar: Welcome to the forums and thank you for letting me know and providing fix also. I'll update AdminBar soon.

There is also few other issues currently:

• Another css problem when you don't have margin: 0; padding: 0 on your lists
  • Changing template won't work (same issue in other settings also, if they require confirmation step after saving)

On the good news, AdminBar works nice on IE8 (well, modal background is not showing, but that should be an easy fix).

Hi,

Thank you for AdminBar, it's great!  :)

Now, changing the "title" field's name to anything else threw the error:

Exception: Field does not exist: title (in E:\(...)\wire\core\PageFinder.php line 195)

#0 E:\(...)\wire\core\PageFinder.php(99): PageFinder->getQuery(Object(Selectors))

#1 E:\(...)\wire\core\Pages.php(125): PageFinder->find(Object(Selectors), Array)

#2 [internal function]: Pages->___find('title=adminbar', Array)

#3 E:\(...)\wire\core\Wire.php(241): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 E:\(...)\wire\core\Wire.php(203): Wire->runHooks('find', Array)

#5 [internal function]: Wire->__call('find', Array)

#6 E:\(...)\wire\core\Pages.php(197): Pages->find('title=adminbar', Array)

#7 [internal function]: Pages->___findOne('title=adminbar')

#8 E:\(...)\wire\core\Wire.php(241): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#9 E:\(...)\wire\core\Wire.php(203): Wire->runHooks('findOne', Array)

#10 [internal function]: Wire->__call('findOne',

This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser.

Obviously there's no real advantage in changing that name (I can understand where this issue comes from) but I thought I'd point this out.

Ragnar: started to edit css today, but noticed that the bug you reporter is not in tooltip css, it is because AdminBar didn't clear margins on lists. So if your site css didn't have something like ul, li {margin: 0} there would be that issue. It is fixed now on latest version. It is now working on Opera 11, so if you can test latest version of AdminBar in Opera 10 and your site I would be thankful.

Qwertyee: Good idea. I have been thinking about something similar, just not sure yet what would be best way to implement this. Something like this will definitely come in the future.

Antonio: thanks for this! I actually didn't realize that title field can be changed. I am pretty sure that I'll find an easy way to fix this.

Now, changing the "title" field's name to anything else threw the error:

Obviously there's no real advantage in changing that name (I can understand where this issue comes from) but I thought I'd point this out.

This is now fixed, thanks again for reporting this Antonio.

https://github.com/apeisa/AdminBar/commit/d4f79e2afecd509f336bef11c480588fa8b0aee6

The title field will likely get locked down (required field name) in the near future, just because I think it'll make life a little more difficult for module developers if we don't... for example, without a known title field, there would be no way to identify what the actual title of a page is, just the URL name. As a result, I don't recommend changing the name of the title field.

The title field will likely get locked down (required field name) in the near future, just because I think it'll make life a little more difficult for module developers if we don't... for example, without a known title field, there would be no way to identify what the actual title of a page is, just the URL name. As a result, I don't recommend changing the name of the title field.

Yes, I though something like this.

Ragnar: started to edit css today, but noticed that the bug you reporter is not in tooltip css, it is because AdminBar didn't clear margins on lists. So if your site css didn't have something like ul, li {margin: 0} there would be that issue. It is fixed now on latest version. It is now working on Opera 11, so if you can test latest version of AdminBar in Opera 10 and your site I would be thankful.

Indeed, I have literally just noticed that this very minute. I believe it was due to the blueprint css framework which I am using on the site.

Unfortunately I've just upgraded to Opera 11 so can't check v10 for you. IE9, FF3, Safari and Chrome all look good as well.

First of all, Adminbar is AWESOME, very nice implementation of front-end editing!

Found an issue in IE8

Clicking on the "dark side" doesn't close the modal. Maybe it would be good to add a 'close' button in top right, so the modal close can be forced if needed?

Once again, nice work guys

Sylvio

Scarota: thanks for the nice feedback and bug report. And welcome to the forums!

I got the exact same request from people at our company, so nice little close-button will be next thing coming.

Found an issue in IE8

Clicking on the "dark side" doesn't close the modal. Maybe it would be good to add a 'close' button in top right, so the modal close can be forced if needed?

Just pushed latest version to Github. There is now close-button on top of the modal, which should work on IE8 also. I want of course to fix that original IE8 problem and will get into that when I get to work (no IE8 at home). Does it show modal at all in IE8? Probably some css problem there...

I actually positioned the close button to top left. i think it is prettier and closer there, but please let me know if that is unnatural for you guys...

Super, thanks for the quick fix!

The positioning of the close button works for me!

I agree on fixing the original IE8 problem :)

I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702, I didn't really test other IE8 releases, I also use IE out of necessity @work ;)

Does anyone have this problem with a sitemap?

k2pg9s91tt87t0ekrbg71z095sshd5zct5vkh4jm.png

I solved it only in this way -

file: /public_html/site/modules/AdminBar/AdminBar.module

220:  <li><a href='{$this->config->urls->admin}adminbar/ab-sitemap/?curPageId={$this->page->id}{$modalGet}' class='{$modalClass} pages'>View sitemap</a></li>

delete: ab-sitemap/

220: <li><a href='{$this->config->urls->admin}adminbar/?curPageId={$this->page->id}{$modalGet}' class='{$modalClass} pages'>View sitemap</a></li>

So now it works fine

26duwkvx9nsor8jyaep0eefrwl2dtk1xwr9gwni9.png

Zlojkashtan: welcome to the forums. Strange error and I couldn't produce it here. Do you have page Admin -> adminbar -> ab-sitemap ? If not it should work if you create that page and give it template "adminbar".

I should also make uninstall method so that Adminbar cleans everything if you uninstall it (it would be easier to re-install if something goes wrong).

• 1 month later...

I took a look if AdminBar works with upcoming 2.1 release. It does, almost. Only thing that is not working is sitemap, and that is probably because of the changes in access management.

It is strange since when you browse admin/adminbar/ and /admin/adminbar/ab-sitemap/ pages through normal admin, there is no "view" link on them. The error I got when trying to view sitemap is:

Not Found

The requested URL /ot/processwire/&modal=1 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But if I change so that adminbar-template manages access and shows 404 error when user has no access, then it actually shows 404 page in modal. I think this is probably something like "trying to use non-Process page inside Admin"? Admin-template seems to be special one, since there is less options on access tab than other templates have.

Any clues Ryan where to go with this? Not in hurry with this one, no need to get this working before we have stable 2.1