Problem translating TinyMCE codemagic plugin

lpa

I tried to add Finnish translation to TinyMCE plugin codemagic by copying the en.js and en_dlg.js files to fi.js and fi_dlg.js and changing en to fi in those files. Without these files I didn't get the whole field to load. But now I can't get the translations to work even in english. I only see texts like this: {#codemagic_dlg.code_label}. I am using TextareaLanguage fields. 

What should I try to do?

Is there any way to get the finnish translation to codemagic without changing the core?

Edit: The translation problem shows up on Mac OS X Chrome 31.0.1650.57, not on Safari. 

If the issue is showing up in Chrome and not Safari, is it possibly just a browser cache issue? Have you tried clearing the cache, quitting the browser, etc.? I had Chrome pull a similar trick on me recently. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know enough about this particular tool to say for sure, but if you are able to modify the core plugin to get it working, let me know what you change so that I can make the same change in the core. A lot of our users are in Finland and would like to have full support in everything from the core. 

Hi, 

I just translated the two english language files in /wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/tinymce-3.5.8/plugins/codemagic/langs/ and changed the names to fi_dlg.js and fi.js. 

Those files are attached here renamed with .txt. I think it was like when using the language code fi codemagic supposed to find files called fi.js and fi_dlg.js.

fi_dlg.js.txt

fi.js.txt

• Like 1

• 2 months later...