Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
"Permission “page-sort” for template “ ... ” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission)"
– This lovely error message is thrown at me, if, as implied by it, I try to add (to my "editor" role) the permission "page-sort" for a specific template, without the permission "page-edit" enabled for the same template.
Seems like it's been mentioned a few times before but never properly answered, by e.g. @Robin S ... :
"Allow the granting of page-sort permission independent of page-edit": https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/29
Why do I wanna do this?:
I have a page tree structure 🌳 as so:
– Page a [C1_p] – Page b [C1_p] Different category [C2]
– Page c [C2_p] – Page d [C2_p] ________________________
The page "Category" has the page-template "C1",
the pages "Page a" and "Page b" both have the page-template "C1_p".
The page "Different category" has the page-template "C2"
the pages "Page c" and "Page d" both have the page-template "C2_p".
The two pages called "Category" and "Different category" do not have any content, they only serve as containers for pages belonging to that category.
I want my "editor" role not to be able to do anything at all with these pages "Category" and "Different category"; i.e. I do not want my editor to be able to edit, move, unpublish, hide, lock, delete (or do anything else to) these category pages.
– So, I want my "editor" role to have the "page-edit" permission for pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p", but not for the pages with the category templates "C1" and "C2",
Also, I want my "editor" role to be able to move the pages with the templates "C1_p" and "C2_p" within their parent-pages.
But if I just simply add the "page-edit" and the "page-move" permissions for the "C1_p" and "C2_p" templates, then, using the "editor" role, I am not able to move these "C1_p" (and "C2_p") -template-based pages. I can actually click "MOVE" next to them and then move them, but... then I will be met by the error message "You do not have permission to sort pages using this parent - /Category/".
– So, I try to add the "page-sort" (description: "permission to sort child pages") permission to the "C1" and "C2" templates... but then trying to do so I am met by the initially mentioned error message ! Permission “page-sort” for template “C1” not allowed (requires “page-edit” permission) .
And, as mentioned, I do not want my editor role users to be able to edit these category ("C1" and "C2") pages...
– what to do about this? 😅
All the best,
for a client website I need to implement a "reviewer" role. "Reviewers" should be able to review new (unpublished) articles to give feedback to editors, but not have the permission to change them.
I built a new "reviewer" role that only has page-view permissions for the respective templates, but this permission does not include viewing unpublished pages. How can I grant them access to the unpublished articles without giving them page-edit permission?
After doing a Google search for the issue I saw several previous posts mentioning this same issue but cannot figure out how to fix it and shouldn't have to spend a half hour trying to. ProcessWire frequently logs out of the admin area after less than five minutes. It shouldn't time-out ever, and if someone wanted that option for security reasons they should be able to enable it through the settings in their admin panel. In addition to it not being the default setting, users also shouldn't need to edit your config files manually to change these kinds of settings. Please fix the major issue in a future release. It's absured imho that developers don't realize the inconvenience it places on other people if they have to login every time they switch back to that page. It has also logged me out without warning without any visual que that it did so. If someone was working on paragraphs of content they could easily lose their work do to this bug as well... Please don't refer me to a forum with a dozen possible solutions to the issue and fix it yourselves. I'm sick of looking at them. It's your job to troubleshoot your software, not your users!
Hello, and welcome to what I though was either my client being silly and changing things, or some evil doer. Turns out its reproducible and therefore something in Proceswire (I checked my templates and modules but couldnt find anything that would be doing this...). So what is it doing? Check out the video for evidence.
A repeater field is interacting with a page template and another repeater field somehow to swap the fields in the template and repeater over...
I have a template called team, and a repeater field called team_repeater with label Team. Some how and for some reason, when I change my fields on repeater called main_menu_links my team template gets those fields and when I try and revert the team template fields to the fields it should have, they get given to the repeater main_menu_links. Also this to say HELP!!!!!
By ICF Church
Anyone else having this problem?
- Repeater (matrix & normal) with mutlilanguage fields (text, textarea…)
- Backend language set to something other than default (ie. German)
- Add a new repeater Item (ajax, I found no way to possible to disable it with matrix)
(Notice how the default language tab is active instead of the backend language…)
- Write something into the (default language) field
- Try to save, if field is required, this will not work. If not required, then when reloading, the content will be inside the backend language field, instead of the default language field who was (presumably) active
When loading a new repeater element with ajax, the default langue tab is active, but the backend language inputfield is visible (with no visual indication). When writing into the field, it will populate the backend language. When manually clicking on the default language tab (which is already active), the field will switch to the actual default language field (which is [now] empty) (that can now be populated…)
Also Notice, the labels of the elements to be added are in default language as well instead of the translated label (images instead of Bilder)…
ProcessWire 3.0.148, Profields 0.0.5…
Is it my system configuration, or does anyone else have the same issue? This is a screen recording of the problem:
Screen Recording 2020-02-25 at 14.18.31.mov