adrian

Custom Upload Names

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

Ok, I think I have narrowed it down - if you don't have "overwrite" checked and you use $file->mtime it doesn't know how to name the file at the correct point it needs to. Let me see if I can fix.

Yep, I'm getting the same results with you.

• Like 1

@PWaddict - I have managed to solve the problem you are seeing, but there is another issue when using $file->mtime in the rename rule for images in repeaters that I am having trouble fixing. The problem is that when you save an image, the mtime changes and there is an order problem with the mtime changing before or after the renaming of the pagefile which is causing problems. I noticed though that it all works fine if you use $file->modified instead. Would that work ok for your needs instead of mtime?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adrian said:

I noticed though that it all works fine if you use $file->modified instead. Would that work ok for your needs instead of mtime?

Thanks a lot. I switched from mtime to modified and the problem is gone :) Maybe you should add a note on the Rename rules to avoid using mtime.

1 minute ago, PWaddict said:

Thanks a lot. I switched from mtime to modified and the problem is gone 🙂 Maybe you should add a note on the Rename rules to avoid using mtime.

Maybe I could programmatically replace mtime with modified. Can you think of any reason why mtime would actually be needed vs modified?

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

Maybe I could programmatically replace mtime with modified. Can you think of any reason why mtime would actually be needed vs modified?

modified: Unix timestamp of when Pagefile (file, description or tags) was last modified.
mtime: Unix timestamp of when file (only) was last modified.

Taken from Pagefile API Reference.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Another little admin helper module...
      Template Field Widths
      Adds a "Field widths" field to Edit Template that allows you to quickly set the widths of inputfields in the template.

Why?
      When setting up a new template or trying out different field layouts I find it a bit slow and tedious to have to open each field individually in a modal just to set the width. This module speeds up the process.
      Installation
      Install the Template Field Widths module.
      Config options
      You can set the default presentation of the "Field widths" field to collapsed or open. Field widths entered into the Template Field Widths inputfield are only applied if the Edit Template form is submitted with the Template Field Widths inputfield in an opened state. "Collapsed" is the recommended setting if you think you might also use core inputs for setting field widths in a template context. You can choose Name or Label as the primary identifier shown for the field. The unchosen alternative will become the title attribute shown on hover. You can choose to show the original field width next to the template context field width.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TemplateFieldWidths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-field-widths/
    • By adrian
      Tracy Debugger for ProcessWire
      The ultimate “swiss army knife” debugging and development tool for the ProcessWire CMF/CMS

Integrates and extends Nette's Tracy debugging tool and adds 35+ custom tools designed for effective ProcessWire debugging and lightning fast development
      The most comprehensive set of instructions and examples is available at: https://adrianbj.github.io/TracyDebugger
      Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/tracy-debugger/
      Github: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger
      A big thanks to @tpr for introducing me to Tracy and for the idea for this module and for significant feedback, testing, and feature suggestions.
    • By Mike Rockett
      Jumplinks for ProcessWire
      Release: 1.5.56
      Composer: rockett/jumplinks
      Jumplinks is an enhanced version of the original ProcessRedirects by Antti Peisa.
      The Process module manages your permanent and temporary redirects (we'll call these "jumplinks" from now on, unless in reference to redirects from another module), useful for when you're migrating over to ProcessWire from another system/platform. Each jumplink supports wildcards, shortening the time needed to create them.
      Unlike similar modules for other platforms, wildcards in Jumplinks are much easier to work with, as Regular Expressions are not fully exposed. Instead, parameters wrapped in curly braces are used - these are described in the documentation.
      Under Development: 2.0, to be powered by FastRoute
      As of version 1.5.0, Jumplinks requires at least ProcessWire 2.6.1 to run.
      View on GitLab
      Download via the Modules Directory
      Read the docs
      Features
      The most prominent features include:
      Basic jumplinks (from one fixed route to another) Parameter-based wildcards with "Smart" equivalents Mapping Collections (for converting ID-based routes to their named-equivalents without the need to create multiple jumplinks) Destination Selectors (for finding and redirecting to pages containing legacy location information) Timed Activation (activate and/or deactivate jumplinks at specific times) 404-Monitor (for creating jumplinks based on 404 hits) Additionally, the following features may come in handy:
      Stale jumplink management Legacy domain support for slow migrations An importer (from CSV or ProcessRedirects) Feedback & Feature Requests
      I’d love to know what you think of this module. Please provide some feedback on the module as a whole, or even regarding smaller things that make it whole. Also, please feel free to submit feature requests and their use-cases.
      Note: Features requested so far have been added to the to-do list, and will be added to 2.0, and not the current dev/master branches.
      Open Source

Jumplinks is an open-source project, and is free to use. In fact, Jumplinks will always be open-source, and will always remain free to use. Forever. If you would like to support the development of Jumplinks, please consider making a small donation via PayPal.
      Enjoy! :)
    • By BitPoet
      As threatened in Ryan's announcement for 3.0.139, I built a little module for sliding toggles as a replacement for checkboxes. Styling of the input is CSS3 only (with all the usual caveats about older browsers), no JS necessary, and may still be a bit "rough around the edges", so to speak, since I didn't have much time for testing on different devices or brushing things up enough so I'd feel comfortable pushing it to the module directory. But here's the link to the GitHub repo for now:
      InputfieldSlideToggle
      Fieldtype and Inputfield that implements smartphone-style toggles as replacement for checkbox inputs. The visualization is CSS-only, no additional JS necessary.
      Status
      Still very alpha, use with caution!
      Features / Field Settings
      Size
      You can render the toggles in four different sizes: small, medium, large and extra large.
      Off Color
      Currently, "unchecked" toggles can be displayed either in grey (default) or red.
      On Color
      "Checked" toggles can be rendered in one of these colors: blue (default), black, green, grey, orange or red.
      Screenshots

Some examples with checkbox label

View all Size and Color Combinations
      Small toggles Medium toggles Big toggles Extra big toggles