adrian

Custom Upload Names

I have an image field inside repeater along with some text fields. Is it possible to rename the image using 1 of those text fields?

1 hour ago, PWaddict said:

I have an image field inside repeater along with some text fields. Is it possible to rename the image using 1 of those text fields?

I am sure support could be added for this. Any chance you feel like having a go at implementing it? Sorry I am juggling lots of different commitments right now, but I'll take a look when I can if you don't get to it first ūüôā

54 minutes ago, adrian said:

I am sure support could be added for this. Any chance you feel like having a go at implementing it? Sorry I am juggling lots of different commitments right now, but I'll take a look when I can if you don't get to it first ūüôā

I don't know If I can do it but I will try.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I haven't figured it out yet. This could take me days to fully understand your module and currently can't spend more time on it as I need to finish 2 projects.

21 hours ago, PWaddict said:

Unfortunately I haven't figured it out yet. This could take me days to fully understand your module and currently can't spend more time on it as I need to finish 2 projects.

Turns out it already works ūüôā

Just use $repeaterPage instead of $page.

Let me know if it works ok for you.

• Like 1

Actually, an even better option is probably to use $filePage as this will automatically choose the field from the repeater if the image is uploaded to a repeater image field or the main $page if the image is uploaded to an image field on the main page. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Actually, an even better option is probably to use $filePage as this will automatically choose the field from the repeater if the image is uploaded to a repeater image field or the main $page if the image is uploaded to an image field on the main page. Does that make sense?

Yep. It works perfect. Thanks again.

Btw in case you don't know if re-order the rules and then press submit the re-order doesn't saved.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PWaddict said:

Yep. It works perfect. Thanks again.ÔĽŅ

Great!

20 hours ago, PWaddict said:

Btw in case you don't know if¬†re-order¬†the rules and then press submit the re-order doesn't saved.ÔĽŅ

Thanks, not sure when that happened - probably newly broken in UiKit theme. Should be fixed now.

34 minutes ago, adrian said:

Thanks, not sure when that happened - probably newly broken in UiKit theme. Should be fixed now.

It needs a simple fix to properly work. You're using cache busting on js & css files by using the module version.

You have to replace module's version to 111 otherwise we get this: ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=1 instead of ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=111

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PWaddict said:

You have to replace module's version to 111

Or rather not cast the version to int for use in the query string. I had to make this change in several of my modules after I switched to semantic version numbers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PWaddict said:

It needs a simple fix to properly work. You're using cache busting on js & css files by using the module version.

You have to replace module's version to 111 otherwise we get this: ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=1 instead of ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=111

Sorry about that - fixed in the latest version.

• Thanks 1

Hi!
There is a problem trying to upload a file from a custom frontend.

PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ...\ProcessCustomUploadNames.module.php:176

I have this problem since v. 1.1.0. So I had to rollback to 1.0.9.

The file is saved on the disc but not on the database.

My setup is:
Apache 2.4
Php 7.2.6
PW 3.0.120

error-custom-upload-names.JPG

6 minutes ago, adrian said:

@Crowdland Technology - please try the attached version. I don't have any time to test right at the moment. If that doesn't work as is, please also uncomment line 160.

ProcessCustomUploadNames.zip

Thank you Adrian, I tryed it and now the error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in D:\var\www\realhomecrm\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\ProcessCustomUploadNames\ProcessCustomUploadNames.module.php on line 177

47 minutes ago, Crowdland Technology said:

Thank you Adrian, I tryed it and now the error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in D:\var\www\realhomecrm\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\ProcessCustomUploadNames\ProcessCustomUploadNames.module.php on line 177

Sorry, please try this one.

ProcessCustomUploadNames.zip

8 hours ago, Crowdland Technology said:

It worked. Thank you!
Only this warning remaings but not sure why.

PHP Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for D:/var/www/realhomecrm/site/assets/files/1319/andorra-729795_1280.jpg in D:\var\www\realhomecrm\wire\core\Pagefile.php:524

I am not seeing anything like that, but it might be something specific to your frontend upload form - it looks to me like it is trying to access the old filename. Could you share the code you are using?

Is that error there in 1.0.9?

PS - I have update the module to the last version I sent to you above.

4 hours ago, adrian said:

I am not seeing anything like that, but it might be something specific to your frontend upload form - it looks to me like it is trying to access the old filename. Could you share the code you are using?

Is that error there in 1.0.9?

PS - I have update the module to the last version I sent to you above.

Hi! The is no problem in version 1.0.9.

This is my code.

if (isset($_POST['galeria'])) {
	// process form input
	$formGaleria->processInput($input->post);

if (!count($formGaleria->getErrors())) {
		// if no error occured
		// create new page and save values
		$uploadpage = $pages->findOne("template=db-propiedad,id=$idPropiedad");
		$uploadpage->of(false);
		$files = explode("|", $formGaleria->get("imagenes")->value);
		$targetWidth = 1024;
		$targetHeight = 768;
		foreach ($files as $file) {
			if ($file && file_exists($upload_path . $file)) {

$filenameOrig = $file;
				$options = array('upscaling' => false, 'quality' => 100, 'sharpening' => 'soft');
				$imageSizer = new ImageSizer($upload_path.$filenameOrig, $options);
				$success = $imageSizer->resize($targetWidth, $targetHeight);
				if($success) {
					$uploadpage->imagenes->add($upload_path . $filenameOrig);
				}
				unlink($upload_path . $file);
			}
		}
		$uploadpage->save();
		$session->redirect($pages->get("/crm/propiedades/imagenes")->url . $idPropiedad);
	} else {
		// form incomplete or errors happened
		// we remove uploaded files
		$files = explode("|", $formGaleria->get("imagenes")->value);
		foreach ($files as $file) {
			if ($file && file_exists($upload_path . $file)) {
				unlink($upload_path . $file);
			}
		}
		$formGaleria->get("imagenes")->value = ''; // reset field value
	}
}

@Crowdland Technology - thanks for posting that. I honestly think you should consider converting the upload form to be a little more ProcessWire-y. Take a look at the second set of code blocks (the ones that include the file field) in this post: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3105-create-pages-with-file-upload-field-via-api/

I just tested CustomUploadNames with this approach and there are no errors. I think the problem you are having is related to unlinking, but it would be good to get confirmation on where that error you are seeing is originating from - a stack tracy from TracyDebugger should help with that - you might need to toggle strict mode on from the Panel Selector to get the trace because it's a warning rather than a fatal error.

I have a repeater field with 12 repeater items and each item has an image field too. I've added the related rename rule on the module but when I save the page it only renames the top 3 items. I'm using the latest version (1.1.5).

EDIT: On another repeater with 5 repeater items everything is working properly. The only difference between those 2 repeaters is that the one with the 12 items is on a hidden page without a template file and it has svg images.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWaddict said:

I have a repeater field with 12 repeater items and each item has an image field too. I've added the related rename rule on the module but when I save the page it only renames the top 3 items. I'm using the latest version (1.1.5).

EDIT: On another repeater with 5 repeater items everything is working properly. The only difference between those 2 repeaters is that the one with the 12 items is on a hidden page without a template file and it has svg images.ÔĽŅ

Could you please narrow it down to whether it's due to no template file, the page being hidden, or because they're svg files?

2 hours ago, adrian said:

Could you please narrow it down to whether it's due to no template file, the page being hidden, or because they're svg files?

None of the above is the problem. It seems that the module doesn't work well with repeaters. I tried to add new item on the repeater that is supposed to be working properly and it messed up that too. When I upload the image on the repeater item and saved the page the image gets renamed but I get just a broken blank image. 

In the files folder I'm getting the following images:

test_1544143931.-thumbnail.0x48n.jpg (Broken / blank)
test_1544143931.-thumbnail.300x0n.jpg (Broken / blank) This shouldn't be even there yet as I'm generating this variation via API and I didn't visit the frontend page during the test.

test_1544143934.260x0.jpg
test_1544143934.jpg
test_1544143934.-thumbnail.0x48n.jpg
test_1544143934.-thumbnail.jpg

Also if I try to delete that broken image from the image field that is inside the repeater item I'm getting this:

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for C:/xampp/htdocs/mysite/site/assets/files/9091/test_1544143931.jpg in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\wire\core\Pagefile.php on line 541

• Like 1

@PWaddict - I have been testing here with repeaters a lot for the last few versions and it all seems to be working fine. Do you get the same issues on a new page starting from scratch? Just wondering if there are some effects of old images in existing repeaters instigated from an older version of this module?

Also wondering if your Filename Format setting is contributing to the problem - what are you currently using?

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

@PWaddict - I have been testing here with repeaters a lot for the last few versions and it all seems to be working fine. Do you get the same issues on a new page starting from scratch? Just wondering if there are some effects of old images in existing repeaters instigated from an older version of this module?

All these days I was testing only with already uploaded images. I will test from scratch and will let you know.

4 minutes ago, adrian said:

Also wondering if your Filename Format setting is contributing to the problem - what are you currently using?

I thought that this could the problem but it isn't. On the filename format I tried even with just the word "test" and when I was saving the page only some of them were renamed and when I saved again and again more and more images were getting renamed to "test".

• Like 1