adrian

Custom Upload Names

Recommended Posts

I have an image field inside repeater along with some text fields. Is it possible to rename the image using 1 of those text fields?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PWaddict said:

I have an image field inside repeater along with some text fields. Is it possible to rename the image using 1 of those text fields?

I am sure support could be added for this. Any chance you feel like having a go at implementing it? Sorry I am juggling lots of different commitments right now, but I'll take a look when I can if you don't get to it first ūüôā

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, adrian said:

I am sure support could be added for this. Any chance you feel like having a go at implementing it? Sorry I am juggling lots of different commitments right now, but I'll take a look when I can if you don't get to it first ūüôā

I don't know If I can do it but I will try.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I haven't figured it out yet. This could take me days to fully understand your module and currently can't spend more time on it as I need to finish 2 projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PWaddict said:

Unfortunately I haven't figured it out yet. This could take me days to fully understand your module and currently can't spend more time on it as I need to finish 2 projects.

Turns out it already works ūüôā

Just use $repeaterPage instead of $page.

Let me know if it works ok for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, an even better option is probably to use $filePage as this will automatically choose the field from the repeater if the image is uploaded to a repeater image field or the main $page if the image is uploaded to an image field on the main page. Does that make sense?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adrian said:

Actually, an even better option is probably to use $filePage as this will automatically choose the field from the repeater if the image is uploaded to a repeater image field or the main $page if the image is uploaded to an image field on the main page. Does that make sense?

 

Yep. It works perfect. Thanks again.

Btw in case you don't know if re-order the rules and then press submit the re-order doesn't saved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PWaddict said:

Yep. It works perfect. Thanks again.ÔĽŅ

Great!

20 hours ago, PWaddict said:

Btw in case you don't know if¬†re-order¬†the rules and then press submit the re-order doesn't saved.ÔĽŅ

Thanks, not sure when that happened - probably newly broken in UiKit theme. Should be fixed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, adrian said:

Thanks, not sure when that happened - probably newly broken in UiKit theme. Should be fixed now.

It needs a simple fix to properly work. You're using cache busting on js & css files by using the module version.

You have to replace module's version to 111 otherwise we get this: ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=1 instead of ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=111

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PWaddict said:

You have to replace module's version to 111

Or rather not cast the version to int for use in the query string. I had to make this change in several of my modules after I switched to semantic version numbers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PWaddict said:

It needs a simple fix to properly work. You're using cache busting on js & css files by using the module version.

You have to replace module's version to 111 otherwise we get this: ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=1 instead of ProcessCustomUploadNames.js?v=111

Sorry about that - fixed in the latest version.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!
There is a problem trying to upload a file from a custom frontend.

PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ...\ProcessCustomUploadNames.module.php:176


I have this problem since v. 1.1.0. So I had to rollback to 1.0.9.

The file is saved on the disc but not on the database.

My setup is:
Apache 2.4
Php 7.2.6
PW 3.0.120

error-custom-upload-names.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, adrian said:

@Crowdland Technology - please try the attached version. I don't have any time to test right at the moment. If that doesn't work as is, please also uncomment line 160.

 

ProcessCustomUploadNames.zip

Thank you Adrian, I tryed it and now the error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in D:\var\www\realhomecrm\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\ProcessCustomUploadNames\ProcessCustomUploadNames.module.php on line 177

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Crowdland Technology said:

Thank you Adrian, I tryed it and now the error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in D:\var\www\realhomecrm\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\ProcessCustomUploadNames\ProcessCustomUploadNames.module.php on line 177

Sorry, please try this one.

ProcessCustomUploadNames.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Crowdland Technology said:

It worked. Thank you!
Only this warning remaings but not sure why.


PHP Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for D:/var/www/realhomecrm/site/assets/files/1319/andorra-729795_1280.jpg in D:\var\www\realhomecrm\wire\core\Pagefile.php:524

I am not seeing anything like that, but it might be something specific to your frontend upload form - it looks to me like it is trying to access the old filename. Could you share the code you are using?

Is that error there in 1.0.9?

PS - I have update the module to the last version I sent to you above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, adrian said:

I am not seeing anything like that, but it might be something specific to your frontend upload form - it looks to me like it is trying to access the old filename. Could you share the code you are using?

Is that error there in 1.0.9?

PS - I have update the module to the last version I sent to you above.

Hi! The is no problem in version 1.0.9.

This is my code.

 

if (isset($_POST['galeria'])) {
	// process form input
	$formGaleria->processInput($input->post);

	if (!count($formGaleria->getErrors())) {
		// if no error occured
		// create new page and save values
		$uploadpage = $pages->findOne("template=db-propiedad,id=$idPropiedad");
		$uploadpage->of(false);
		$files = explode("|", $formGaleria->get("imagenes")->value);
		$targetWidth = 1024;
		$targetHeight = 768;
		foreach ($files as $file) {
			if ($file && file_exists($upload_path . $file)) {

				$filenameOrig = $file;
				$options = array('upscaling' => false, 'quality' => 100, 'sharpening' => 'soft');
				$imageSizer = new ImageSizer($upload_path.$filenameOrig, $options);
				$success = $imageSizer->resize($targetWidth, $targetHeight);
				if($success) {
					$uploadpage->imagenes->add($upload_path . $filenameOrig);
				}
				unlink($upload_path . $file);
			}
		}
		$uploadpage->save();
		$session->redirect($pages->get("/crm/propiedades/imagenes")->url . $idPropiedad);
	} else {
		// form incomplete or errors happened
		// we remove uploaded files
		$files = explode("|", $formGaleria->get("imagenes")->value);
		foreach ($files as $file) {
			if ($file && file_exists($upload_path . $file)) {
				unlink($upload_path . $file);
			}
		}
		$formGaleria->get("imagenes")->value = ''; // reset field value
	}
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crowdland Technology - thanks for posting that. I honestly think you should consider converting the upload form to be a little more ProcessWire-y. Take a look at the second set of code blocks (the ones that include the file field) in this post: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3105-create-pages-with-file-upload-field-via-api/

I just tested CustomUploadNames with this approach and there are no errors. I think the problem you are having is related to unlinking, but it would be good to get confirmation on where that error you are seeing is originating from - a stack tracy from TracyDebugger should help with that - you might need to toggle strict mode on from the Panel Selector to get the trace because it's a warning rather than a fatal error.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a repeater field with 12 repeater items and each item has an image field too. I've added the related rename rule on the module but when I save the page it only renames the top 3 items. I'm using the latest version (1.1.5).

EDIT: On another repeater with 5 repeater items everything is working properly. The only difference between those 2 repeaters is that the one with the 12 items is on a hidden page without a template file and it has svg images.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PWaddict said:

I have a repeater field with 12 repeater items and each item has an image field too. I've added the related rename rule on the module but when I save the page it only renames the top 3 items. I'm using the latest version (1.1.5).

EDIT: On another repeater with 5 repeater items everything is working properly. The only difference between those 2 repeaters is that the one with the 12 items is on a hidden page without a template file and it has svg images.ÔĽŅ

Could you please narrow it down to whether it's due to no template file, the page being hidden, or because they're svg files?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adrian said:

Could you please narrow it down to whether it's due to no template file, the page being hidden, or because they're svg files?

None of the above is the problem. It seems that the module doesn't work well with repeaters. I tried to add new item on the repeater that is supposed to be working properly and it messed up that too. When I upload the image on the repeater item and saved the page the image gets renamed but I get just a broken blank image. 

In the files folder I'm getting the following images:

test_1544143931.-thumbnail.0x48n.jpg (Broken / blank)
test_1544143931.-thumbnail.300x0n.jpg (Broken / blank) This shouldn't be even there yet as I'm generating this variation via API and I didn't visit the frontend page during the test.

test_1544143934.260x0.jpg
test_1544143934.jpg
test_1544143934.-thumbnail.0x48n.jpg
test_1544143934.-thumbnail.jpg

Also if I try to delete that broken image from the image field that is inside the repeater item I'm getting this:

Quote

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for C:/xampp/htdocs/mysite/site/assets/files/9091/test_1544143931.jpg in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\wire\core\Pagefile.php on line 541

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PWaddict - I have been testing here with repeaters a lot for the last few versions and it all seems to be working fine. Do you get the same issues on a new page starting from scratch? Just wondering if there are some effects of old images in existing repeaters instigated from an older version of this module?

Also wondering if your Filename Format setting is contributing to the problem - what are you currently using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, adrian said:

@PWaddict - I have been testing here with repeaters a lot for the last few versions and it all seems to be working fine. Do you get the same issues on a new page starting from scratch? Just wondering if there are some effects of old images in existing repeaters instigated from an older version of this module?

All these days I was testing only with already uploaded images. I will test from scratch and will let you know.

4 minutes ago, adrian said:

Also wondering if your Filename Format setting is contributing to the problem - what are you currently using?

I thought that this could the problem but it isn't. On the filename format I tried even with just the word "test" and when I was saving the page only some of them were renamed and when I saved again and again more and more images were getting renamed to "test".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Anssi
      A simple module to enable easy navigation between the public and the admin side of the site. After installation a green bar will appear to the upper side of the screen, containing a few navigation elements and displaying the PW version number.
      Heavily inspired by @apeisa's great AdminBar (Thanks!). I needed a bit simpler tool for my projects and as a result, this was made. Available on GitHub .

    • By Sebi
      I've created a small module which lets you define a timestamp after which a page should be accessible. In addition you can define a timestamp when the release should end and the page should not be accessable any more.
      Github: https://github.com/Sebiworld/PageAccessReleasetime
      Usage
      PageAccessReleasetime can be installed like every other module in ProcessWire. Check the following guide for detailed information: How-To Install or Uninstall Modules
      After that, you will find checkboxes for activating the releasetime-fields at the settings-tab of each page. You don't need to add the fields to your templates manually.
      Check e.g. the checkbox "Activate Releasetime from?" and fill in a date in the future. The page will not be accessable for your users until the given date is reached.
      If you have $config->pagefileSecure = true, the module will protect files of unreleased pages as well.
      How it works
      This module hooks into Page::viewable to prevent users to access unreleased pages:
      public function hookPageViewable($event) { $page = $event->object; $viewable = $event->return; if($viewable){ // If the page would be viewable, additionally check Releasetime and User-Permission $viewable = $this->canUserSee($page); } $event->return = $viewable; } To prevent access to the files of unreleased pages, we hook into Page::isPublic and ProcessPageView::sendFile.
      public function hookPageIsPublic($e) { $page = $e->object; if($e->return && $this->isReleaseTimeSet($page)) { $e->return = false; } } The site/assets/files/ directory of pages, which isPublic() returns false, will get a '-' as prefix. This indicates ProcessWire (with activated $config->pagefileSecure) to check the file's permissions via PHP before delivering it to the client.
      The check wether a not-public file should be accessable happens in ProcessPageView::sendFile. We throw an 404 Exception if the current user must not see the file.
      public function hookProcessPageViewSendFile($e) { $page = $e->arguments[0]; if(!$this->canUserSee($page)) { throw new Wire404Exception('File not found'); } } Additionally we hook into ProcessPageEdit::buildForm to add the PageAccessReleasetime fields to each page and move them to the settings tab.
      Limitations
      In the current version, releasetime-protected pages will appear in wire('pages')->find() queries. If you want to display a list of pages, where pages could be releasetime-protected, you should double-check with $page->viewable() wether the page can be accessed. $page->viewable() returns false, if the page is not released yet.
      If you have an idea how unreleased pages can be filtered out of ProcessWire selector queries, feel free to write an issue, comment or make a pull request!
    • By David Karich
      Thanks to the great Pro module "RepeaterMatrix" I have the possibility to create complex repeater items. With it I have created a quite powerful page builder. Many different content modules, with many more possible design options. The RepeaterMatrix module supports the cloning of items, but only within the same page. Now I often have the case that very design-intensive pages and items are created. If you want to use this module on a different page (e.g. in the same design), you have to rebuild each item manually every time.
      With this proof of concept I have created a module which adds the feature to copy a repeater item to the clipboard so that you can paste this item to another page with the same repeater field. The module has been developed very rudimentarily so far. It is currently not possible to copy nested items. There is also no check of Min/Max. You can also only copy items that have the same field on different pages. And surely you can solve all this more elegantly with AJAX. But personally I lack the deeper understanding of the repeaters. Also missing on the Javascript side are event triggers for the repeaters, which would make it easier. Like e.g. RepeaterItemInitReady or similar.
      it would be great if @ryan would implement this functionality in the core of RepeaterMatrix. I think he has better ways to implement this. Or what do you think, Ryan?
      Everybody is welcome to work on this module and improve it, if it should not be integrated into the matrix core. Therefore I put it for testing and as download on GitHub: https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDublicate
      You can best see the functionality in the screencast: 
       
    • By anderson
      Hi,
      Please take a look at this:
      https://templatemag.com/demo/Good/
      The upper nav bar, including dropdowns like "pages" and "portfolios", what do you call this whole thing? At first I guess it's called "dropdown nav bar", but seems not.
      AND of course, what's the simplest way/module to achieve this in PW?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Sebi2020
      Hey, I'm new and I created a simple module for tagging pages because I didn't found a module for it (sadly this is not a core feature). This module is licensed under the GPL3 and cames with absolutly no warranty at all. You should test the module before using it in production environments. Currently it's an alpha release. if you like the module or have ideas for improvements feel free to post a comment. Currently this fieldtype is only compatible with the Inputfield I've created to because I haven't found  an Inputfield yet, that returns arrays from a single html input.
      Greetings Sebi2020
      FieldtypeTags.zip.asc
      InputfieldTagify.zip
      InputfieldTagify.zip.asc
      FieldtypeTags.zip