Custom Upload Names

adrian

I just committed an update that brings full support for repeater fields (images and images embedded into RTE fields inside repeaters).

I also fixed a bug with the new core cropping functionality if you set a filename format that is not available on file upload, such as $file->description.

There were some significant changes to hooks and logic to get the repeaters working, so please test and let me know if you come across any problems.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Adrian thanks for this module.

I'm having some problems with images inside repeater. It acts very strange. It gives errors when i try to add o remove images from the repeater field, and then save the page. And if i try to add a new repeater item, the image field in it is already populated with an image i thought i had deleted. 

I attach some screenshots with various errors i'm receiving.

Let me know how can i help to make this more clear.

post-2122-0-77584400-1427737342_thumb.pn

post-2122-0-29706400-1427737355_thumb.pn

post-2122-0-17649700-1427737362_thumb.pn

Sorry about the errors you are seeing. Repeater support is very new, but I am not seeing any issues at my end. Can you please let me know the filename format you defined. Also what other field types do you have on the page and also in the repeater. Do you have more than one repeater field on the page. What version of PW are you using.

Also, would you mind trying a little debugging for me - try logging the value of $this->pages and also $field just before line 312.

Sure, Adrian.

This is the filename format: {$page->title}-##

These are the fields on that template:

- the field slideshow_repeater, that gives those problems has an image_field (that has maximum files allowed = 1) and a url field. 

- an image field with maximum files allowed = 1 (i had no problems with this field)

- an image field with maximum files allowed = 0 (i had no problems with this field)

- 2 files field

- a lot of text and textarea fields

- all the seo fields from the Seo Module

There are no other repeaters on that template (i'm attaching a screenshot).

I'm also using the image extra module on InputfieldImage and InputfieldFile

I'm using PW 2.5.23 dev

I'm sorry, i'm not so sure how to log the errors you asked, i'm not a php developer, so i tried with error_log() and i just get "Pages" for $this->pages and i get "1.jpg" or "2.jpg" etc for $this->pages->get($pageid)->$field

Thanks a lot!

post-2122-0-95213100-1427740880_thumb.pn

Thanks for all that info - I tried to replicate your image fields setup but still can't get the error.

Sorry I didn't ask for quite the correct things for the log output.

Can you please try replacing:

//filename format can support $page, $template, $field, and $file variables in the format as defined in the module config settings
//if repeater page, need to use parent page for determining name
$page = $repeaterPage !== null ? $repeaterPage->getForpage() : $this->pages->get($pageid);
$field = $this->fields->get($fieldid);
$template = $page->template;
$file = $this->pages->get($pageid)->$field->get("name={$path_parts['basename']}");

with:

//filename format can support $page, $template, $field, and $file variables in the format as defined in the module config settings
//if repeater page, need to use parent page for determining name
error_log('pageid: ' . $pageid);
$page = $repeaterPage !== null ? $repeaterPage->getForpage() : $this->pages->get($pageid);
error_log('page->id: ' . $page->id);  
error_log('page->name: ' . $page->name);                
$field = $this->fields->get($fieldid);
error_log('fieldid: ' . $fieldid);  
error_log('field->name: ' . $field->name);         
$template = $page->template;
error_log('template->name: ' . $template->name);
$file = $this->pages->get($pageid)->$field->get("name={$path_parts['basename']}");

and send me all the logged output.

Hopefully that will help me figure out where the issue might be.

These are the logged errors in a page with two repeater items, one image per each:

pageid: 1372
page->id: 1053
page->name: digital-compositing-nuke
fieldid: 98
field->name: single_image
template->name: corso
pageid: 1373
page->id: 1053
page->name: digital-compositing-nuke
fieldid: 98
field->name: single_image
template->name: corso
pageid: 1373
page->id: 1373
page->name: 1427738337-12-1
fieldid: 120
field->name: cover_image
template->name: repeater_slideshow

I'm not sure, but maybe there is something strange with this: "page->name: 1427738337-12-1" (that's not the page name), and this "field->name: cover_image" because cover_image is not a field inside the repeater, it's outside. 

If it can help you I can give you access to the admin page, or to the project directories.

Thanks!

Thanks for debug report - I was able to reproduce the problem here and I have committed a fix.

I hope I haven't broken anything else - it's a little complicated dealing with repeaters sometimes :)

Please let me know if it works for you and if you find any other issues.

BTW, I am assuming you have "Rename on Save" checked - that seemed to be when the issue showed up for me, although not always.

I also improved the behavior for checking existing numbered suffixes on the same main page, so now you won't end up with two images of the same filename, one inside a repeater and one on the main page, which was possible before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adrian,

I'm wondering if it's possible to use this with Form Builder - which I've set to automatically create pages from submissions. When I set up a rule to only look at the page template (of the page being created) and two image fields my FB form starts to give me server 500 errors. If I remove the rule my FB form starts working again.

Cheers

Marty

Hey Marty,

I am not a Formbuilder user so I don't know all the ins and outs, but I just set up a form and tested with CustomUploadNames and the page was created and the filename was changed as it should have been.

I have a feeling because CUN and FB both have so many config options, it might be just the combination you have that is causing problems.

Perhaps you could export the form for me to test and also take a screenshot of your CUN rule so I can duplicate.

I am sure we can get it sorted out for you.

• 1 month later...

Hi Adrian,

I've got a problem when using fields in the filename format that are populated at the same time as the upload field (PDF in my case). The format looks like this:

customer-{$page->customer_id}

When a new page is created, the user fills in a value into the customer_id field and then uploads a PDF, which should get renamed. However, the value inside customer_id is not respected, as the PDF gets renamed right after upload and before hitting Save. A click on Save also doesn't rename it again.

I remember this worked a couple of versions ago, but not anymore. Did you change something in that area?

Using "Rename on Save" isn't an option as I need the filename to stay the same and not add a -1 suffix every second save.

Sorry about that @charger. I had to change on of the hooks when I added support for repeaters which resulted in the issue you saw.

It should be fixed now and actually the new method is better and more reliable in other situations too.

Please grab the latest version and let me know.

On another note, I am curious about your comment regarding the -1 suffix on every second save - that actually shouldn't happen with this module, so if you are seeing that, please let me know and I'll investigate further. That said, I avoid the "Rename on Save" option whenever possible, so not suggesting you should use it, but I do want to make sure that using it doesn't result in the numbered suffix.

Thanks for reporting this.

Thanks for the quick update, it again works as expected!

The -1 suffix still happens though with the "Rename on Save" option enabled. So whenever I hit Save, the filename alternates between having the suffix and not.

Let me know if you need other specific info.

Glad to hear that it's working again for you!

I am still baffled about the -1 suffix with "Rename on Save" though. Could you maybe post screenshots of your settings for this module as well as letting me know the settings for your PDF field, eg:

• Max Files Allowed
  • Overwrite existing files

I have tried lots of different combinations and it keeps the filename without the numbered suffix for me. Any chance you are on a Windows server - just wondering if maybe there is a directory separator issue.

Is there only one files field on the page? If it allows more than one file to be uploaded, are you actually still only uploading one or are there several?

Is there anything else you can think of that might contribute to this?

Thanks!

EDIT: One other thing to check - it there any chance that there is an extra file in the page's assets/files/1234 directory. Perhaps when it wasn't being renamed correctly I duplicate was left over - this would cause the behavior you are seeing, so please empty the files folder and try again. And/or try on a new page where you know the files folder is empty / without duplicates.

I've attached the screenshot of my settings.

The PDF allows max one file and does overwrite existing files.

There's also just this file field on the page.

I created multiple new pages to make sure there are no leftover duplicates in the assets/files folder.

The website is not hosted on a Windows server.

Hmm.. I don't have any clue what else could cause it.

post-2284-0-23987200-1432129258_thumb.pn

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that the module also renames the files of a language pack during upload (if no fields are listed under Enabled Fields). Maybe this should be prevented by default.

Thanks for reporting. I have fixed this. I was thinking about disabling the module from affecting any pages under the admin, but thought some users may store some settings type pages, so for the moment I have just excluded pages with the "language" template.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Good day, Adrian!

I am adding images to an ImageField with CustomUploadNames hook enabled via API like this:

$images->add($file_path);

"Maximum files allowed" = 1. If "Formatted value" is set to automatic I get this error:

Error: Call to a member function getVariations() on a non-object (line 245 of /var/www/***/site/modules/ProcessCustomUploadNames/ProcessCustomUploadNames.module)

If "Formatted value" is set to Array of items, there is no error. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone for the delay on fixing this - I was on vacation. It was related to a recent change to prevent it affecting language file uploads. 

Please let me know if anyone still has any issues.

• 1 month later...

Dear Adrian,

I have strange issue with pages which have numbers and hyphens in $page->name (ex. foret-17).

Each save one of pictures becomes empty with error "file cannot be displayed". That mean, if I save page 10 times it lost 10 images.

After changing page name everything working fine.

• Like 1

Hi Alexander,

I just tried to replicate here and can't seem to. Could you maybe post some screenshots of your CUN settings and also the tree of pages. Or better yet can you set up an example on lightning.pw so I can see the issue in action?