Tampere Jazz Happening 2013

Fokke

http://www.tamperemusicfestivals.fi/jazz/

The four-day jazz festival starts today. There will be a lot of traffic on the website, but I'm sure everything will run smoothly since ProCache makes the site run very lightweight and fast.

In previous years this website has been running on WordPress or MODX. This year we switched to ProcessWire, and it has been a huge improvement. Everything on the site is fully editable, which makes the client very satisfied.

Also, PW has revolutionized my workflow as well. I have quite the same feeling as when I switched from Windows to OS X  : )

Logo is designed by the artistic director of the festival, everything else by me.

• Like 17

Great looking site! I especially love the responsive design changes.

The thumbnail hovering doesn't seem to have any issues for me - OSX Chrome 30.0.1599.101

The only thing I find a little confusing is the "In English". It makes me thing the site is always actually in english. I think if it were just worded as "English" it would be more logical. I also wonder if perhaps the selected language should be the one highlighted in orange, although not totally sure on this as the logic of the alternate language looking like a button (in orange) also makes sense :)

I really like the site, looks and works great both on desktop and mobile. It's awesome to see more Finnish ProcessWire sites too :)

(Planning to visit the event opening night today, by the way.)

@adrian: interesting point about "English" vs. "In English" -- latter is pretty much the de facto standard way for linking to English language version around here :)

Thank you for your heart-warming feedback!

@totoff Yeah, I have noticed this too. When you hover an image, the other thumbnails are shifting 1px in both horizontal and vertical directions. This is very weird and seems to happen randomly. I think that CSS3 transitions I have used here have something to do with this.

@teppo Did you visit the opening event? Especially the first band called Toto was awesome. Very hypnotic!

@Fokke: yeah, sure did -- and Toto was totally amazing. Only had time to see their gig, though.

Person sitting next to me was quite literally sleeping (at least that's what it seemed like) and after they had stopped drumming someone commented that it was like "the Orient Express departing." Unique experience to say the least :)

• Like 1

Hello Nicolas!

ProCache is doing the hard job here, and doing it pretty much flawlessly.

Other optimizations include:

- Minified and combined CSS and JS

- Minified HTML (module by michamichamicha)

- Optimized images

So, nothing too fancy here. I also tried to keep the server request count as low as possible.