implementing blog

melissa_boyle

Hi Guys,

Im pretty new to process wire and wondering if anyone can lead me in the right direction.

Basically I have an existing website that I want to content manage, the blog seems best suited however I am struggling to implement the system.

I can fit my own content into the example blog and it styles and brings back blog posts but it doesn't function how I need it to e.g. show an excerpt then when 'read more' is selected it will bring the user to the full article with a different page style. This may become clearer if you view the site: www.yourmoneymate.co.uk.

I have had a brief look at the markup folder and tried to implement the site to contain these tags however it is returning 'No Posts Found' I am sure this is pretty straightforward to do I just can't seem to get it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Melissa

Hi Melissa, welcome to the forum!

In my opinion the blog profile is not the ideal for this situation. This profile was created for setting quickly a full featured blog and style it while maintaining the initial structure more or less untouched. Your situation is very different, so I think it would be better to use the default install of PW a go from there. For what I see in the site you linked to, there is no need for all the fancy things that the blog profile has (categories, tagging or all the sidebar goodies), and even if you decide to have some, they are not very difficult to code. Besides, the website seems very simple, but  at the same time needs some flexibility because the structure changes a lot and the header is always different, things that the blog profile is not ready to address.

• Like 1