festival site with processwire and ajax - Boom Festival

retinafunk

Hi all,

we lauched this big website for a festival last week, and pout a lot of work and love into this.

Check out: 

boomfestival.org

Hope you like it!

and it has been received very well so far.. ( 60 000 visits in less then 1 week) 

It uses processwire as CMS , and I must say  awesome decision to replace Wordpress we used the last editions, processwire is highly superior to wordpress as CMS . I even managed to import a lot of content from Wordpress with the Processwire bootstrap API and JSON and the help of this forum 

Content is loaded all with Ajax , and still backbutton does work and everything can be deeplinked .

Ryan ProCache module has helped very much with Site speed and our  high traffic server load 

If I find the time I might do a case study here...as this ajax approach moight be interesting for other developers 

post-1871-0-50061500-1382531443_thumb.jp

• Like 33

Good work! I'm definitely interested in knowing about the URL updating!! I know how to do it with hashes but not like this :)

It is actually pretty simple. History API and recent browsers - nice thing is that fallback is very clean (normal links and url).

• Like 3

Indeed it was quite simple ( once I figured out the history API) 

You need to use pushState() to change URL ...

and on popstate event (triiggered by  back / forward buttons or javascript:history.back() )  .. just do the same the user would do 

( check URL document.location.href and load the content) 

.. the gotcha is if never pushState if you come to the URL via popstate event.... this broke it at first  

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/API/DOM/Manipulating_the_browser_history

• Like 4

Not just an awesome ProcessWire site, but an awesome site in general!

Great work - gives me lots of ideas (if only I had the time for them all :)).

Just chilling out to the music in the background. My only comment is that the player for the music sits a little low on the bottom of the screen. The bottom of the play and mute buttons are just off the bottom of the screen, but still clickable - I'm pretty sure the positioning was by design though so nothing major!

I´m blown away, knocked out by this Design! Great! Love the way it scales well for all its graphic complexity !

we lauched this big website for a festival last week, and pout a lot of work and love into this.

...a lot of work it must have been, but the result is worth it!

Just chilling out to the music in the background. My only comment is that the player for the music sits a little low on the bottom of the screen. The bottom of the play and mute buttons are just off the bottom of the screen, but still clickable - I'm pretty sure the positioning was by design though so nothing major!

...also listening now - yes, I didnt´t see the player at first and it was a bit hard to click on firefox, because it partly disappears at the bottom. But this seems minor.

:) Great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stunning, and eye-catching!

Do you drink ayahuasca instead of coffee every morning?  O0 

Only issue I notice - there appears to be an audio player at lower left, no worky in Chrome 33.0.1750.146 on OSX 10.8.5.

• 4 months later...