Clearing cache and 500 internal server error

benjaminE

Hello,

I was having some trouble installing modules (they weren't showing up in the module manager) and so I deleted the contents of the folder site > assets > cache in the hope of fixing this problem.

However, having done this any page I try to navigate to on the site (including the root /index.php) throws up a 500 Internal Sever Error.

Does anyone have any idea about what might have gone wrong here? It's slightly worrying...

Many thanks in advance for any help.

b

I just realised it might be relevant to mention that I'd installed the ModuleManager module and that there was a file in the cache folder called ModuleManager.cache

Might it be that this is necessary? Previously (and when the ModuleManager hasn't been installed) I've emptied the cache with no problem...

A bit more information would be good. What does the error logs say?

I just realised it might be relevant to mention that I'd installed the ModuleManager module and that there was a file in the cache folder called ModuleManager.cache

Might it be that this is necessary? Previously (and when the ModuleManager hasn't been installed) I've emptied the cache with no problem...

NO that cache is just to store the json feed locally instead of loading it everytime. But has nothing to do with the rest of PW.

Thanks for the clarification arjen.

Soma: here's the error log I think:

2013-09-18 11:48:42    ?    http://www.shootcuba.com.gridhosted.co.uk/?/    Error:     session_start() [function.session-start]: Failed to initialize storage module: memcache (path: /var/sites/s/shootcuba.com/public_html/site/assets/sessions) (line 104 of /var/sites/s/shootcuba.com/public_html/wire/core/Session.php)

I have had this happen a couple of times before (although not for a long time, so I'd be curious what version of PW you are running). I would suggest removing the module you just tried to install - first the folder in the modules directory, and then the entry from the modules database table - fire up PHPMyAdmin to do this - hopefully your host has it or something similar.

• Like 1