Theme Release: Teflon Admin Theme PW2

Soma

Hi All,

some little problem on OSX (Safari, Chrome and Firefox) with dev version:

- top "action" button is out of container

post-846-0-45021600-1363594546_thumb.png

- top "action" button does not scroll with page

post-846-0-29392200-1363594792_thumb.png

- box-shadow in widget-header only (I saw this in your screenshot also, is this wanted?)

post-846-0-59006500-1363594877_thumb.png

Hi All,

some little problem on OSX (Safari, Chrome and Firefox) with dev version:

- top "action" button is out of container

attachicon.gif1.png

That's correct. It's not inside container but outside. Was always like this and should be.

- top "action" button does not scroll with page

attachicon.gif2.png

Yes, it's fixed and should stay and not scroll with page.

- box-shadow in widget-header only (I saw this in your screenshot also, is this wanted?)

attachicon.gif3.png

Yes that's intentional. :)

Soma, in your TemplateDecorator version, have you fixed the problem with Admin, 404 and Trash pages?

With PW2.3, TemplateDecorator 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 I cannot see icons for these pages. But.. with standard admin theme also. :(

Thanks

Nope I haven't anything, since those pages are anyway only for admin, I didn't take care of it for now. And it wasn't considered at the time I forked the module.

Admin pages have template "admin"

I think you have to ask mindplay, I think it's in there in the module configuration screen. But haven't tried.

Thanks.

Yes, I tried to set icon in admin template (decorations tab) also.. but decorator not add the img tag (only for these pages).

This happens for home template also if setted from module configuration, but for this template set icon from decorations tab works.

just find time to play around again with Teflon Version 2. In default.php, line 69 there is a doubled entry:

adminTemplates' => $config->urls->adminTemplates,

not sure why there is a extra translation section for the file upload?

$upload_label = __('file upload', __FILE__);
$jsConfig['translations'] = array(
	'teflon_upload_text' => $upload_label // file upload button label text
);

Wouldn't it be simpler to style the default button to Teflon needs?

Tested this temporary without the code above. Then you get the translated string.

regards Manfred

Thanks for the report Manfred!

Must have had nervous fingers when editing in there. Will remove the double in the next update.

not sure why there is a extra translation section for the file upload?$upload_label = __('file upload', __FILE__);
$jsConfig['translations'] = array(
    'teflon_upload_text' => $upload_label // file upload button label text
);

Wouldn't it be simpler to style the default button to Teflon needs?

Tested this temporary without the code above. Then you get the translated string.

Because it's not easy possible to style the file field across browsers. I'm progressively hidding and adding new text and button using jQuery. Since there's no text translation for the file upload buttons (it's translated by the browser), I had to somehow make it possible to localize it.

• 2 months later...

Well I found the issue on another installation.

The include path of the topnav somehow was different from the default admin template.

I got :

<ul id='topnav' class='nav droppy'>
	<?php include($config->urls->templatesAdmin . "topnav.inc"); ?>
</ul>
instead of
<ul id='topnav' class='nav droppy'>
	<?php include($config->paths->templatesAdmin . "topnav.inc"); ?>
</ul>

Wonders how this doesn't cause an error on my local test server, but on the live server.

Anyway it's fixed and checked in on github. Thanks for finding it.

Soma,

The path is still wrong in the current version (http://mods.pw/p)

line 103 in default.php has this..

<?php include($config->paths->templatesAdmin . "topnav.inc"); ?>

instead of...

<?php include($config->paths->adminTemplates . "topnav.inc"); ?>

templatesAdmin is wrong :)

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am on PW dev and tried Teflon 2 dev.  The sticky save button at the top does not seem to save anything.

The default admin template does work.

Am I the only one? (do I need to search  for other reasons?)

I am using the latest PW dev version together with the teflon2 dev version (which I like a lot, I must say)

OK then I need to watch out for modules which might be disturbing the functionality.

My first thought was that the after-save- Module, which alters the save button behavior was the bad guy, but after disabling it the save still did not work.

If I use the button at the bottom for saving a page, everything's fine.

Interesting that that sticky button works ok, when I switch back to the default template.

Still don't know what browser... :P

I missed that you wrote it works in default theme, and I took a second look at the main.js. There's been a small change to the click behavior of the sticky button.

I pushed an little update to both master and dev, let me know if that fixes the issue, although it still works as before.

• 1 month later...

Smashing theme. It's great! I found a little "bug", though. There is no trash bin icon (image deleting) on the blue bar when you use image field. The place where the icon should show is clickable and everything works, but lack of this tiny icon is a bit confusing for people not familiar with the original Ryan's interface (clients for example).

Thanks. I never experienced this and not sure whats about it. I used it a long time and also many clients. What browser and which version theme?. I would also recommend using the dev version of teflon.

I tested it in firebug and it seems the problem is somehow in jquery ui css file. There is a "ui-icon" class appended to the element where the clickable area is and and it uses a wrong sprite image which overrides the proper one. Once that background image is disabled the right one shows up and the bin is visible.