Non core module names disappearing in admin nav bar

NikNak

Hi there

I have downloaded and installed the German language pack. 

However (and this is probably completely unrelated to the above), the text from the navigation links for non-core modules such as "Files" and "Google Analytics" is missing when you change your profile to a different language.

Any ideas?  The links are there, but with no text so any German user wouldn't know what they were clicking on.

Kind regards

Nik

not sure, but do you have a translation file for e.g. Google Analytics? If not, you should create one in the admin language translation section.

Path is relative. Example: '/site/modules/ProcessGoogleAnalytics/ProcessGoogleAnalytics.module' Maybe then you see it in the menu.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion Manfred

I don't have a translation file as yet -  but I thought that if you used the __("Translate this") functionality, then if no translation was found it would output the original rather than nothing.

I opened the Files module and found no translatable text within it - so this option would mean modifying the module and then adding a translation file - this sound rather inelegant as an option, and I'm sure this wouldn't be the intention in PW.

There must be something neater as a fallback I imagine, or something else is causing the issue.

Kind regards

Nik

Hi NikNak,

You should be able to change the title of the modules by changing the title value of the page.

For example for Google Analytics, the page is (default) located under Admin. You can open the page and set another title for german.

I think this should work?

For translating strings inside the page, you'll have to translate the file "/site/modules/ProcessGoogleAnalytics/ProcessGoogleAnalytics.module", as Manfred suggested.

Cheers

• Like 3