Hanna Code Helper

teppo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried Hanna Code today for the first time and I am amazed how cool it is.

I also tried the Helper. It installed without issues. But I can't see the new Icon appearing in CKE's contextual menu.

Maybe this has to do with the many changes CKE at Processwire had since the release of this Helper module.

Is there something I need to set in the CKE field settings? Like adding Plugin info manually?

@ceberlin: so far this is working just fine for me with latest dev PW. I should probably set up a clean site to test this on, but meanwhile, are you seeing any JS errors in your browsers developer tools? Also, which browser (and which OS) are you using? .. oh, and which admin theme? :)

Another helpful thing would be checking if this particular line of JS appears in your admin template's HTML source. If it doesn't, the issue is most likely a  PHP one, but if it does (and this module still won't work), it's more likely to be some sort of JS problem.

Hi teppo,

good news that it is working at your install. So there is hope :-)

Your questions:

I do not see js errors (only the [Error] TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'e.length') which comes from the very outdated jQuery, the PW core still uses.)

i am on MAC Yosemite with Safari, Admin Theme is Default, PW ist latest DEV.

I do NOT see the mentioned line of code in the template source.

UPDATE:

I was tricked by the ModuleManager. The Plugin was downloaded but actually never installed. Since there was no warning, I thought it installed.

So I have the sort of installation problem reported here before  - and not a display problem, what I thought.

I am on PHP 5.6.  / The Helper code does not use PDO database code yet. ...maybe that plays a role?

Found it. This did the trick:

1. To start over, I deleted the HanaCodeHelper entry from the database directly (at "modules")

2. Then I found the module after refreshing Modules in the Admin under the "install" tab and could install it normally

(Is it because the Helper code has no uninstall code yet?)

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused here to be honest, but.. does the module work for you now, or is it still not installing? What you're describing above shouldn't be necessary, but if that fixed it for you, then that's very good to know. :)

Install/uninstall methods are not needed for this module, since it doesn't actually do anything special during installation/uninstallation. They're mainly for cases where a module needs to do something like add new fields during install, and perhaps remove those during uninstall -- stuff like that.

Assuming that this is/was the same issue that was posted here before (requires not working at all), its a bug with modules directory. I've just pinged Ryan about that, as it seems that the issue was more or less forgotten already.

Yes, confusing and not how things should be, I agree. :-)

What I did (somewhere in that workflow the trouble started):

1. installing with ModuleManager, as usual -> did not work. Showed no error but acted as if I never had tried and still offered the "download" link (instead of "install" or "edit").

2. Read in the forum that a manual installation was needed. -> that did not work because the previous attempt left something in the database.

3. Deleted that info from the database -> now the manual installation worked successfully.

-> The module works fine now and I am very happy about it.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As superadmin I often use some tiny HannaCode for testing purposes. To avoid any irritation I would like to hide them from the list of available HannaCodes seen by editor users when they right-click in the CKEditor field. Is there a way to achieve this?

2 minutes ago, ottogal said:

As superadmin I often use some tiny HannaCode for testing purposes. To avoid any irritation I would like to hide them from the list of available HannaCodes seen by editor users when they right-click in the CKEditor field. Is there a way to achieve this?

Sorry if it seems like I am hijacking this, but I used to be in the same boat - I would often use a "Testing" Hanna Code for testing code. Now I just use the Console Panel in Tracy - you can even save snippets that you use regularly. This might solve your problem without needing to hide codes from the HC Helper interface. If not, please excuse my interference :)

• Like 1

On 23/09/2016 at 2:28 AM, spacemonkey95 said:

I wonder if there is any progress on Jonathan Lahijani's suggestion of having a Hanna Code button in the CKEditor toolbar?

On 22/03/2017 at 4:50 AM, ottogal said:

@spacemonkey95 and @ottogal: just an FYI that I released a new Hanna-related module and among the features are a dropdown menu in the CKEditor toolbar for inserting Hanna tags, and the tags may be excluded based on a tag name prefix or the selection of individual excluded tags in the module config.

• 4 years later...

Hey @teppo, just wanted to let you know that I ran into a problem with this module after installing the new HannaCode module.

Here's the details https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessHannaCode/issues/23

I know this is an older module and most people will probably use HannaCodeDialog now, but I thought I would let you know in case you had some sites still running this module?

Thanks for all you do with Processwire!

• Like 1