site for hamburger restaurant

SiNNuT

I'm a bit hesitant to post this site but here we go:

http://wereldburgersgroningen.nl/

For the non-dutch: a site for a soon to be opened hamburger restaurant in Groningen, the Netherlands.

The interior has a clean/industrial look with some Mediterranean elements/colors. For this small site I was on a real time-crunch so it's still a work in progress. There's no caching or other optimizations (i don't think this will be necessary for this small scale site). It should be mobile friendly but haven't had time to test it on a lot of devices.

The most important part, the menu, is still missing. Also, if you're looking for some nice imagery of the place and/or burgers you are out of luck. This needs to be incorporated when stuff becomes available.

For me this is a new hosting provider so i'm curious how the performance is for you guys. For me it works pretty fast. It runs on the DEV branch. I'm quite enjoying the new admin theme.

edit I've had some discussion about whether there should be an explicit home link in the navigation or not. For me it's second nature to click/tap the logo but i'm wondering if this is intuitive for most people?

• Like 5

In the end i just hardcoded the navigation. The links will not or not often change. If it happens it's easy enough to change the inc file.

For each list item i just did somethin like:

if ($page->name == "page1" || $page->rootParent->name ==  "page1") echo "active";

else echo "not active";

Not the most elegant solution but it works :)

i find the logo in the middle intuitiv enough, but know that people sometimes expect a home link. anyway, i would say leave it as it is.

how did you solve your navigation problem? http://processwire.com/talk/topic/4672-navigation-help/?p=45622