remove doubleclick edit

Soma

I don't know who thought it would be good idea....

Just one word. Annoying! It only sounds useful but it's annoying and causes a lot of "arrrrg". Just imagine clients, when even I constantly 50 times a day get caught by it.

Can we remove it or at if kept, make turn it able to turn ON in a config? I don't know why it was added and was never in for it. 

Thanks

• Like 3

I feel like something like this should really just be an ultra minimal module. I don't generally believe its a good idea for software to give users superfluous ways of doing the same task. There should be one standard, clear, natural way of doing the task. Double click to edit is not an inherent thing.

I recently handed off a site to a new client and while teaching her to edit the site I cringed as I saw that she was a "double clicker" (those people who think they need to double click weblinks to make them work), I forgot about this feature and throughout the teaching session had to tell her not to double click when she just wanted to open the pagetree and not edit that specific page. It was embarrassing and frustrating for both of us, if I were to give my honest opinion, it's a terrible feature and one that doesn't put the client first. You may have plenty of clients who wont make the mistake, but surely you will have some that do, and the default behavior of any piece of software needs to serve the lowest common denominator and be configured and tweaked from there for the power user.

• Like 1