How to hide a field on a template? (in admin view)

Joe

Hello everyone!

Question: Is it possible to hide a field to the non-superuser when they edit a page?

Specifically I have set up a site settings page without a template (not a visible page on the site) where the guest-role user can adjust such things as site title, footer, meta-description etc. for all pages. Now when they edit this page it does not appear logical that they can edit (and see) the page´s title field, as this is not really a page.

So: does anyone know if I can hide the title field, but only on this one specific template/"page"?

Thank you! :)

Hi Joe,

If you go to the particular template and click to edit it, then click on the title field you can adjust the visibility of that field (along with other settings) for just this template. This is for all users though, but it sounds like it should be ok for your use.

• Like 1

Hi Joe,

If you go to the particular template and click to edit it, then click on the title field you can adjust the visibility of that field (along with other settings) for just this template. This is for all users though, but it sounds like it should be ok for your use.

I´ve found it! Hadn´t seen it at first. Solved! Thanks a lot! :)

Just under the Basic tab in the fields section. Just click on the name of the field in the orderable list of fields - this will bring up a popup of all the settings for the field that can be changed on a per template basis.

If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll post a screenshot.