Clean install and immediate error once again

BFD Calendar

Since upgrading to ProcessWire 2.3 I had numerous problems accessing my site. Upon advice here I replaced my 'wire' folder with a new one. It worked until I tried to access the admin pages.

Today I decided to do a complete clean install from the 'grabpw.php' file. Everything went smooth, all green flags, until I tried to access the site and/or the admin pages.

Always getting stuck with this error:

Error:     Call to a member function getLoadQueryAutojoin() on a non-object (line 309 of /www/bfd_processwire/wire/core/Pages.php)

I have 'RewriteBase /bfd_processwire/' in my .htaccess as I want to work on the site but keeping it off the homepage until it works....

Where to look and how to solve the problem?

I'm not sure that you need to have that RewriteBase directive there. At least, I've never had to use it in any of the hosting environments I work on, regardless of whether the site is installed in a subdirectory. But I know it is required for some.

However, I don't think that's what the issue is here. It sounds to me like you've got a corrupted file in there somehow or another, or that something is not working with your PHP. You might try installing the dev branch, just in case. But I think there might be something else going on with the server if a stock 2.3 install doesn't work. Let me know how the dev branch install goes. If still getting an error, please PM me a link to your phpinfo(). 

With renewed optimism I installed again from grabpw.php. Everything keeps working. I switched to a different FTP application and had no troubles so far.

Moving files up and down I ended up with a corrupt site folder so I'll have to start from scratch again. Perhaps that's a good thing, forced to think over categorisation before I start entering data.

You can greatly minimize potential FTP upload errors, if you upload a ZIP or .tar to the server, and unzip it remotely. It's faster than uploading millions of files / folders / sub-folders via FTP, too.