adrian

Video Fieldtype

15 minutes ago, itsberni said:

i think my hoster( strato )doesn't support that . Does anybody from you know how to get this working with strato?
@adrian without this, there is no solution for a poster-image, right?

As far as I know ffmpeg is the only solution for being able to create poster images. That said, I haven't looked into this is a few years, so maybe now there is. If you find an alternative I might be able to implement it within this module.

I registered at cloudinary.com a year ago in order to manage images. I found that the free plan is only good for testing purposes because the monthly quota quickly got exhausted as they took into account any bits that were transferred in any way possible. I cannot remember the details but the only useful plans were the paid ones which were not an option for the client so I have not yet checked their services since then.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is using this module and what you'd think about me removing the "Links to required scripts" option. These days, all browsers natively support the HTML5 video element, so I don't think we really need a fallback to Flash, especially given that Flash EOL is Dec 31, 2020.

Anyone mind if I remove this?

• Like 2

Yes, I agree. I just like it because it keeps everything a bit more tidy at the backend. BTW the thumbnail generation is not really working for me. I am not sure if I did something wrong...

4 hours ago, michelangelo said:

BTW the thumbnail generation is not really working for me. I am not sure if I did something wrong...

That's kinda the main point of the module 🙂

Do you have ffmpeg / php-ffmpeg properly installed?

• Thanks 1

@adrian good point. I guess I wasn't really taking advantage of it then :D I will install the php-ffmpeg module and see... thank you.

Major new version just committed that removes mediaelementjs - now relies completely on browser support for <video>. It also includes a ffmpeg-php package because the old pecl script is no longer maintained.

Again, maybe no-one is using this, but if you are, please let me know how this version goes.

PS - captions are now VTT, rather than SRT.

• Like 1

Wow @adrian I am hitting a huge wall with installing ffmpeg-php. There are many outdated or confusing tutorials online. Do you have any tips?

I am using MAMP with php 7.4.2 and ZSH as shell.

1 hour ago, michelangelo said:

Wow @adrian I am hitting a huge wall with installing ffmpeg-php. There are many outdated or confusing tutorials online. Do you have any tips?

I am using MAMP with php 7.4.2 and ZSH as shell.

Did you see my comment in the last post? You no longer need that because it's included in the module. However, you still need to install ffmpeg itself. Let me know if you're having issues with that.

Yeah, so to clarify, you need to install ffmpeg, and not ffmpeg-php or php-ffmpeg.

I haven't ever used MAMP, I usually install it on my Mac with homebrew using: brew install ffmpeg

Can you try that?

Yes, I do have ffmpeg, but MAMP is not aware of it, that's why I need to direct to it. I need to do something extra, it didn't work out of the box.