Unrecognized path error

mangopo

I moved my site to another server and started getting these errors:

• "Unrecognized path" error when trying to embed an image in Tiny MCE
  • No list of articles when trying to select related articles in our article system
  • Child pages do not show any parent in page settings.

In the old server, iframe window for embedding images is

/pw-admin/page/image/?id=1025&modal=1&winwidth=1344

In the new server it is

/pw-admin/page/edit/undefinedpage/image/?id=1025&modal=1&winwidth=1344

notice "edit/undefinedpage" which then leads to path errors. Removing this loads the uploaded images fine.

Otherwise the site runs fine. I think all these errors are related as if some data is missing in the database or some setting is incorrect. What should I check first and can anyone take a look at our site? I can provide admin login.

Hi mangopo,

This might be a case of incorrect transfer.

Here's what Ryan recommends:

For migrating an existing site, I think there’s no better way than to copy the files from 1 server to the other (I use rsync) and then dump the database on old server, and import to the new. Then update /site/config.php to account for the new site’s database host/login/password.

So, basically it comprises the following steps:

1. Clean up the new environment (database, target PW installation directory).

2. Tar the PW directory or, better, rsync it if you have SSH in your hosting package.

3. Dump the PW database and restore it on the new (target) environment.

4. update your ../site/config.php with the new database host, login and password.

Please report if this helped you with your problem.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if you might have one of those buggy MySQL versions that keeps turning up at some hosts? Can you tell what MySQL and PHP versions are running there? I also find the "undefinedpage" thing very odd–it makes me wonder where that's getting injected from, because I don't think it's coming from PW. I would open up our JS console and make sure there are any JS errors occurring when you see that "undefinedpage". It sounds like you've uploaded a new copy of DB, but you might also want to upload a new copy of the site itself. Rather then replacing into, remove or rename the existing /site/ and /wire/ directories first, creating new copies of them when uploading. 

I am getting "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'path' of undefined" in ProcessPageList.js:155

code:

if(options.selectShowPageHeader) {
                    $.getJSON(options.ajaxURL + "?id=" + options.selectedPageID + "&render=JSON&start=0&limit=0", function(data) {
                        var parentPath = data.page.path;
                        parentPath = parentPath.substring(0, parentPath.length-1);
                        parentPath = parentPath.substring(0, parentPath.lastIndexOf('/')+1);
                        var label = options.selectedPageID > 0 ? '<span class="detail">' + parentPath + '</span> ' + data.page.label : '';
                        $root.children(".PageListSelectHeader").find(".PageListSelectName").html(label);
                    });

And in template's settings page, under Parent, I get Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'numChildren' of undefined
ProcessPageList.js:323

PHP Version is 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.20

System: Linux rs206486 2.6.32-37-server #81-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 2 20:49:12 UTC 2011 x86_64

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm getting an "unrecognized path" error when my Editor user is trying to access his profile in the processwire admin. I've enabled the "Profile-edit" permission for his user role, but maybe that won't do it? Is this issue related to the one described above? I've recently moved my installation, but I'm getting the same error on the beta subdomain (where it was first installed).

Any clues?

Not sure about, as it doesn't really sound like the same thing. Have you tried updating your version like mangopo mentioned? You may want to try using the dev branch. But regardless of whether you go for 2.3.0 stable or 2.3.5 dev, make sure you replace the /wire/ directory entirely, and not replace into it .

• 1 year later...

Hi! I'm getting an "unrecognized path" error when my Editor user is trying to access his profile in the processwire admin. I've enabled the "Profile-edit" permission for his user role, but maybe that won't do it? Is this issue related to the one described above? I've recently moved my installation, but I'm getting the same error on the beta subdomain (where it was first installed).

Any clues?

A year late.... Just got this problem. 

The problem is you or someone... accidentally deleted the profile page under admin page.

You'll need to recreate the page and under process select ProcessProfile. & under settings -> status -> hidden (check off)