Menu Builder

kongondo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, really great plugin. We love it!

One small question. Is there a way to render natural children before custom links in the menu? I didn't see anything in the options about that. 

eg attached ~ I'd like Customer Support to render after the children in the menu right now it renders before... 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 10.00.01 AM.png

Hi @johnteaksf,

Welcome to the forums. Currently, it is not possible and I see no easy way of doing it within the module. My suggestion is that you try (and adapt to your needs), the approach outlined on page 7 of this support board, specifically this post or this gist 

See the example array of the $key => $value pairs you'd be working with here. The important things to remember are that

1. Custom Links will not have a 'pages_id' $key. So, that's one way to identify such links in your loop
  2. You will have to code the inclusion of the children yourself
Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1

Ran into an issue today where my pages were not showing in the menu builder interface. After some snooping, drop down page list is limited to 50 items. I found the fix on line 487 of the ProcessMenuBuilder.module. Changed "50" to "150" and all is well...

@SoccerGuy3,

I'm not sure you've seen this, in the Tab Settings, right under 'Pages selectable in menu'?

Optionally, you can specify a valid ProcessWire selector to limit the Pages that can be added to this menu (see Build Menu Tab). Otherwise, all valid pages will be available to add to the menu. By default, returned pages are limited to 50. You can override this by setting your own limit here. NOTE: This feature only works with Asm Select and Page Auto Complete.

There's also a note on line #486 to the same effect. The normal practice is not to directly edit modules. Your 150 will get overwritten next time you upgrade Menu Builder and all will not be well :).  What you want to do is to use Page Auto Complete or Asm Select and add limit=150 to the setting above ('Pages selectable in menu') 

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 2

@all, @johnteaksf. I just noticed that the forum upgrade seems to have cannibalised some of the content in my post about the new getMenuItems() method which allows for building of complex menus. I have contacted @Pete to see if I could get the content restored from an old backup. Part of the missing content addressed the advantages of returning menu object items rather than array items...

• Like 1

On 21/07/2016 at 3:14 AM, Jonathan Lahijani said:

Sometime after 3.0.21, PW had modifications that has messed up how PW's "Markup" field renders descriptions with HTML in them, which also affects MenuBuilder.

I've created an issue on the PW Github:
https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/1932

I can confirm that the latest commits released to 3.0.28 have fixed this issue.

I believe this still requires the module to be updated to support 3.x

Have tested and the InputfieldMarkup does now honor the Inputfield::entityEncodeText property.

Thanks!

Edited by grimezy
Jumped the gun on module being patched.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WolfgangW said:

Is ProcessMenuBuilder compatible with PW 3.0.32?

Based on the comments above it sounds like there are currently still some issues with 3.x. @kongondo is away at the moment, but I am sure he'll be looking at getting this 3.x compatible now that we are so close to a stable release.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using foundation 6 and in my main menu i want to use dropdown elements for the children.

In this case i must add the attribute  data-dropdown-menu to the first <UL>. How can i add an attribute to an element.

Please tell me, i cant find a solution:(

Thanks in advance

Anyone has a solution for multi-language menus with custom menu items?

For pages localisation works using the default_title option. But this is not possible with custom menu items. And since the items’ title field is not a multi-language field, I have no idea how to solve this. But I’m probably not the first one stumbling over this. ;-)

If not, I think I have an idea how to build a solution using nested repeater fields.