Jamie Gordon

PW not installing correctly - admin not found

If anybody has just installed MAMP and is getting the problem whereby you can access the homepage of a fresh PW installation but no other page or the admin area, one solution that has worked for me:

OSX: Navigate to /Applications/MAMP/conf/apache and open the file called httpd.conf

or

Windoze: C:\MAMP\conf\apache

Find where it says:

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
    # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
    #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    #
    AllowOverride None

And change it to:

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
    # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
    #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    #
    AllowOverride All

Then restart your MAMP servers

Hope that helps

• Like 2

Had the same problem, and it turned out to be a classic: On Ubuntu, the default Apache configuration has turned off the "AllowOverride" setting for /var/www, so I had to edit my /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default file like this (the changed part in bold text):

<Directory /var/www/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride None 
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>

To:

<Directory /var/www/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride All 
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>

... and then restart apache with:

sudo service apache2 restart

(Didn't even need to change the RewriteBase setting in my .htaccess file, although I have a subfolder named "procwire")

Hope this helps!

Hi, ran in from a Google search and this solved my problem !

I had to setup a VPS on Digital Ocean because my shared host is... a shared host hehe.

Now it's running perfectly, thank you very much !

Thanks Saml post #11, this worked for me on Mint 17.

Only difference is that I edited my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

Now I'm ready to give PW a go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By codevark
      The Minimal Site works fine, but if I try to login as admin, I have no idea what the credentials are.
      I did not do the "install" process myself. The OVA came with everything set up, but there's no mention of the PW admin credentials being set to some initial value.
      Wondering if anyone else has tried the Bitnami OVA and if there's a simple answer.
      --Pete
    • By vwatson
      I don't have any fontawesome icons in the admin section. Not sure what's wrong. They used to appear. I've tried all the user profiles and they're gone in all of them.
      Using the browser inspector tool, I see this message:
      Access to font at 'https://www.domain.com/wire/templates-admin/styles/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.7.0' from origin 'http://domain.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
      I'm not sure why this is occurring or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Peter Knight
      Hi guys
      is there a checklist of items I should consider for diagnosing a series of pages which display a 404 error?
      Basically I have built a Blog and all my posts are under a folder called 'Posts'. Some of these pages successfully display while others display a 404 page. 
      This is what I have confirmed so far...
      1. All pages are within the same root folder 'Posts'
      2. All pages have the same template and fields completed
      3. All pages have the same properties under Settings > Who can access this page
      4. Pages have no redirects in place
      5. Pages have no special characters or anything funky in the URL slug
      There are no errors showing in the log either so I am stuck 😕
      Thanks
    • By Andi
      Getting a little deeper into the ProcessWire state-of-mind here. I seriously think I wouldn't have come back to webdev if it wasn't for this wonderful little gem of a CMS.
      I have an "Options" field added to all users on a site. If the user has anything other then "default" selected, I would like to show a permanent message in the admin like the one in the screenshot, only so that the user can't close it. As a friendly reminder that he changed that option from default to something crazy 🙂
      I've read up on how to send messages to users, but where would I hook into to make this show up all the time in the backend?
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/wire/message/
      Thanks in advance!

• By BitPoet
      Here's a small new module that adds a "Manage tags" button to the template list, just like the field list already has.
      Easily add, remove and change tags for your templates.
      https://github.com/BitPoet/TemplateTagsEditList