"Forgot your password?"-function

Jeroen

I decided to make the 'forgot password' function optional, and disabled by default. I would say that more than half of all installations simply don't need it. Then there are others that really need it. :)

A good security best practice is to never have any more submittable forms running on your site than you absolutely need. So I figured we'd provide this 'forgot password' function for those that want it, and keep it off for those that don't. I'm not suggesting there are any security concerns with using this function. Only suggesting that every form (especially login/pass-related ones) can be sources of unwanted traffic consuming server resources.

I totally agree! It's only a missing feature for those that might need it ..only do they notice that it needs to be installed before it's too late. Maybe having it stand out on the modulelist will make them more aware (or putting it on top)

Always open to suggestions. Right now they are alpha ordered by category and module name. I'm not sure you can get more straightforward than that? :) At least, I would worry about causing confusion with any other type of order.

One possibility would be to have a couple of categories at the top that duplicate whats in other categories, but call out "New Additions", "Popular Choices", etc.

Soma also put together a great module that shows just one category at a time. While I prefer to see everything at once, I do think that module makes it more approachable to look at.

That page is for developers only (or at least that is how I see it, no "regular editor" should have access there) so I have no problems with the current design: Ctrl + F is all you need.

In this particular case that someone creates site and forgets password right away.. well, it is pretty simple to create new password through API.