Dental Practice Web Site

owzim

Hi,
this my first site I built with ProcessWire. It's not hyper complex and it has its flaws I know =)

http://www.kuban.de

I should mention that PW is not running on the server but rather a static HTML output I generated from my local install. I am still managing any changes through PW and then generate the output again.

I used Sitesucker for that (it's a Mac tool similar to httrack). This method is discussed here.

Modules used:

• FieldtypeCropImage
  • MarkupCustomPageList
  • ModulesManager
  • ProcessBatcher
  • ProcessPageDelete
  • Like 10

Why not have PW running on the server? Just curious, as outputting static HTML for any changes seems like a chore.

I built the site with PW just for my convenience. The client does not want to make any major changes frequently, so the content is more or less static. The output and upload is scripted on my end, so it's just a matter of a single command line command =)

• Like 5

I built the site with PW just for my convenience. The client does not want to make any major changes frequently, so the content is more or less static. The output and upload is scripted on my end, so it's just a matter of a single command line command =)

The client doesn't even want a CMS (and presumably isn't paying for it) yet you choose to built it out in ProcessWire for convenience. :) I like that. I would do the same thing, but it makes me smile to hear that others are using ProcessWire even when the project doesn't call for a CMS, simply because it's more convenient than building it without. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ryan! We have done it like that as well - because of too many images to manage via a static HTML website. And it was fun to get PW up and running! Right now we are working on our third PW-site. Looking forward to it...

• Like 2