Visually group input fields

dragan

Edit: durr... I forgot fieldset tabs!  :rolleyes:

http://processwire.com/talk/topic/1592-problem-with-fieldset/

Feel free to delete this post / thread altogether...

=====================================================================

Is there a method or module to group a certain number of input fields in a template (backend, edit mode)?

I have basically two input field categories - product features and product description. Both categories have 1-2 dozen input fields. Together with all the other fields, it can get messy in the backend, even if I reduce the input field width to 25%. Is there a way to

a) move a bunch of input fields to dedicated tabs?

or

b) include those in a collapsible group that are closed by default?

I thought that field groups were the tool to use for this, but I'm not sure if or how.

• Like 2

Edit: durr... I forgot fieldset tabs!   :rolleyes:

Feel free to delete this post / thread altogether...

It's good that you posted it. The title is clear, and your own answer is also. We will leave it for reference.

Here is another thread that explains it http://processwire.com/talk/topic/176-fieldsetopen-fieldsettabopen-%E2%80%93-what-is-it/

I edited your post to separate the answer from the question – hope you don't mind – and marked the thread as solved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, actually thanks for asking this dragan. I just searched "processwire group fields together" and this was the top (and only related) result. I couldn't find a nice official writeup/documentation on the main site, but luckily this thread showed up and diogo provided that link. 

• 11 months later...