Permission page-new to role editor

KaMeKuN

Sorry but i can't set up a new role called 'editor' where i want to this role have permission to edit and create new content to the site; i manage to apply the edit feature with the module "PageEditPerUser" made by ryan but i need to apply the same for create.

How can i do this?

EDIT:

i found  this  Edit template -> access tab -> and "activate" page view / edit /  add child permissions for each roles there.

But i need to add acces to each template i have to each roles?

Regards,

Edited by KaMeKuN

Nope, it is enough to set it on home-template, it will be inherited from there (unless you restrict it on some other template).

Thanks for repply, why dont  show this part in permisssions like cascade style of all template?

Thanks for repply, why dont  show this part in permisssions like cascade style of all template?

Because permission inheritance is determined at runtime. Two pages using the same template can inherit different permissions based on what templates their parent pages are using. To put it differently: when a page is using a template that does not define access, then that page is going to inherit the access from the nearest parent page using a template that does define access. As a result, if you only define access on your homepage template (which is the default setting) then those access settings are inherited throughout the entire site. But then if you had a page called /private-stuff/ that was using a template called "private", and that template defined access, then any pages below /private-stuff/ would inherit the access defined on the "private" template. The only exception would be if one of those pages used another template that itself defined a different access. 

• Like 2