wishbone

stop tinymce from removing entities

I try to prevent tinymce from removing entities. I put

entity_encoding: 'named', entities: 'nbsp'

into the Advanced tinymce settings section of the text field - doesn't work.

I know you want to prevend users to break up the thing - but I want to be able when using the system myself, to do what I want ...

TinyMCE can be a bear sometimes. I don't know how to accomplish what you are trying to do, and most likely this is a question more for the TinyMCE forums than here. But the first thing I would try is to open the code editor, insert an  , close the code editor, then open it again. Is the   still there, or did TinyMCE get rid of it? This might point to whether you are dealing with a filter or not. Or, does the   only disappear after saving the page? 

• Like 1

disappears immediately after closing the code editor and opening again. Is turned into a space, non-entity

Okay it sounds like it must be part of TinyMCE's validation rules. In that case it's just a matter of finding what configuration directive needs to be supplied (or removed from) TinyMCE in order to change that behavior. I am guessing you will be able to find it in their documentation, but if you can't, you could always make a [[nbsp]] Hanna code too. :) 

• Like 1

Hanna code is really nice... but I can't bring it to work. It works when "saved and tested" on the module page - but if inserted in a textarea, the output is [[nbsp]]...

Anyway, I really would like to prevend tinymce to do things with my code. I have been searching extensive and came up with the above...

modX tinymce settings didn't change any of the code...

Hanna code is really nice... but I can't bring it to work. It works when "saved and tested" on the module page - but if inserted in a textarea, the output is [[nbsp]]....

Seems like you did not add Hanna Code Text Formatter to that particular textarea field? Do this under DETAILS when editing the field :)

• Like 1

thx! my fault... point 5 in the install instructions...

I also fixed my first suggestion above; some sudden impulse made me try

entity_encoding: 'named', entities: ' '

and that works!!

Nevertheless, we had some nice tinymce settings in modX :D which I'd like to set.

- Make tinymce not to clean any output

- paste plain text button (well, yes, that's another thread...)

The first is a common problem, I found a joomla solution (with a plugin to edit the config):

Code Cleanup on Startup: Off
Code cleanup on save: Never

http://www.mysysadmintips.com/other/web/158-joomla-tinymce-editor-removes-non-braking-spaces-on-saving

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hellomoto
      I have a Pages field with a PageListSelectMultiple input fieldtype, and I cannot limit it through the "custom PHP code" filter in its settings. I don't want hidden pages to be selectable, because the field is supposed to be to select pages to be included in a frontend menu. How can I do this? and it would be nice to be able to use the custom php code way to filter...
      Also, I cannot install, or activate, rather, TinyMCE. It's claimed to be compatible with 2.5... I install it, and when I try to activate it, without fail, it "activates" CKEditor, which is already activated by default, and installs its files into the /site/modules/ directory. TinyMCE is still in there, just inactivated and useless, being that there's no workaround to activating modules besides from the admin (that I know of, and it should work via the admin anyway). I also tried using BatchChildEditor (supposed to work with 2.5) -- don't seem to do anything when activated. I selected some settings and nada.
      Does anybody have any idea why I might be having these problems? I got all green for all the install compatibility checks...
    • By Thomas108
      Hi everybody,

I am trying for a while now to display the alt tags as captions from images inserted via tinymce.
      I read this (and a few other) threads: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/1344-captions-for-images-in-tinymce/

... and I installed Adrian's tinymce-image-caption,
      but it didn't work at all for me.

Then I installed Teppo's TextformatterImageWrapper,
      again no change in the frontend.

Finally I tried Ryan's approach which is also mentioned in the linked thread above.
      https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/FoundationSiteProfile/blob/master/templates/scripts/main.js
      and again no change in the frontend output.

The last days I felt like I fell in love with processwire, everything went very smooth, but today seems to be not my day.
      I have no clue what's wrong, maybe some pw (2.4.7) or php (5.4.32) version  problem? My template is valid html5.

I just made a fiddle with ryans approach: http://jsfiddle.net/wqo4fk8o/10/
      Maybe someone can have a look and point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
    • By Kae
      Hey, guys!!!
      I'm having a very big problem with Tinymce in processwire. I feel so stupid about it, but can't find the solution. Hope someone can help me.
      When I change to html and paste html tags inside a <code> tag, they get converted and disapear. How can I avoid this?
      All Iwanted was to show some code examples. I feel so noob right now '-'
      Thank you =)
    • By gRegor
      Hello,
      I have built a form that allows authenticated members to submit articles through a front-end form. I was under the impression that 2 newlines would automatically be converted to paragraph elements, but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect as I re-acquaint myself with this aspect of PW.**

Then I was thinking there was a TinyMCE configuration to convert newlines to paragraphs. There is, but I'm pretty sure that applies only during entry into the textarea, not when the text data is first loaded into the TinyMCE textarea.
      First, is there a built-in PW paragraph formatting function that I'm missing/forgetting?
      If not, would the "preferred" method to achieve this be using TinyMCE on the front-end form, so newlines are converted to paragraphs before the form is submitted and the page fields are stored? If so, can someone point me to an example of using the PW API to include a TinyMCE field input?

Or would the preferred method be to process the raw input to convert newlines to paragraphs (through another module, or custom code) before saving the page fields?

I'm aware there is an Auto Paragraph TextFormatter module, but I believe that only applies when the data is output — not when the data is shown in backend.

Thanks for any assistance!

** I have confirmed that the newlines are stored in the database, so I've confirmed they're neither being removed nor converted.
    • By landitus
      I'm having a weird issue with images in TinyMCE.
      When adding images to the images field (the default one), I add a description. Then I add the image to the body field via TinyMCE. Then save and the image has the correct alt text. So far so good... But, if I reopen the same image with the image button, the description is gone from the modal window. If I re-save, the image is displayed without the description. Looks like the image it's not retaining the original description value when editing. Is this a bug?